GDT: Game 9: Avs at Flyers | 5 PM MT | October 22, 2018 | When East Meets West...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Nice, so they will have a pylon on each pairing. We should go after the ghost-folin pairing as much as possible.

I don’t think Ghost is as bad defensively as people make him out to be. From what I’ve seen he’s definitely improved over the last couple seasons. I mean obviously he’ll never be a pure shutdown guy, but he’s no defensive liability imo.

Folin on the other hand.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
So it seems the lines are:

Landy - MacK - Rants
Andrighetto - Kerfoot - Wilson
Nieto - Söderberg - Calvert
Dano - Jost - Bourque

Still not enough scoring. Scratching Kamenev is silly.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Landy - MacK - Rants
Dano - Jost - Bourque

Those aren't good moves. Kerf should stay on the wing, they should've moved Soda up to that 2nd line and Nieto down. Those two don't have to be surgically grafted to one another. Jost can take the 3rd line and Wilson can center the 4th.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Those aren't good moves. Kerf should stay on the wing, they should've moved Soda up to that 2nd line and Nieto down. Those two don't have to be surgically grafted to one another. Jost can take the 3rd line and Wilson can center the 4th.

I’d like to see a Jost-Soda-Dano line. Seems like he perfect mix of size, offensive punch, and decent defensive responsibility.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’d like to see a Jost-Soda-Dano line. Seems like he perfect mix of size, offensive punch, and decent defensive responsibility.

I'd like to see Kerf and Soda put back on the same line at even strength, they've shown great chemistry in the past, and I've always felt that Soda works best with a playmaker on his wing because then it allows him to use his underrated shot. But yes I wouldn't mind that combo either, I just think that, bottom line, Bednar needs to get away from this notion in his head that Nieto will only work if he's skating alongside Soderberg.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Landy - MacK - Rants
Dano - Jost - Bourque

Kerfoot doesn't have the size to be a 2nd line centre. Awful lines. I pushed for Wilson for the top 6 early this year, but after the last 5 games, I'm ready to move him down the line up and give someone else a shot (Kamenev).

Reactions: Postanin CB Ting

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The sooner they try out Jost on the wing the better. I always liked when some compared his style to the style of a certain Green Filth wearing #11.

Yup... and oddly enough, Parise had similar issues at center.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
https://www.tsn.ca/the-7-eleven-power-rankings-predators-keep-on-winning-1.1195977

upload_2018-10-22_11-24-18.png

Enjoy it while it lasts.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Kamenev isn't going to develop into a 2nd/3rd line center with a decent offensive upside if he's eating nachos.

Jost isn't going to improve his offence and get a few more shots on net, if he's on the 4th line.

I have faith in Bednar but I'm seriously confused right now.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Disappointed about Kamenev sitting.
I wanted Andrighetto on that 2nd line, but also liked Wilson there. Guess Bednar solved that by moving Kerfoot to center and dropping Jost to the 4th. Huh.
Hopefully, the Avs stay hot regardless.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Nieto has had some scoring chances. He just needs finish. Bourque is totally invisible, he has his one pass to Soda move that has been figured out

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Jost isn't going to improve his offence and get a few more shots on net, if he's on the 4th line.

We don't really have a 4th line anyways. It's just where misfit middle 6'ers go to develop and provide some skilled energy 9 minutes a game. Jost could use the chance to play lesser competition with less expectations. Kam should be playing over Nieto tho.

Reactions: Avs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad