Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Avalanche @ Lightning | Avs win 2-1 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Yeah, Varly needs to grow 4 arms and start stopping those doorstep cross crease plays more often. Even better if he simply split into two netminders.

If you didn't notice, that was sarcasm. Because Varly hasn't been the issue, the players in front of him have.

Can you link me to all of these numerous backdoor tap-ins?

Because I've seen some pretty weak goals from Varlamov this year and he's my favorite Avalanche player so I don't love trashing him

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Just look at the depth through that Tampa top 9. In contrast, it's really not a surprise that our 3 top 6 forwards aren't taking us very far.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Can you link me to all of these numerous backdoor tap-ins?

Because I've seen some pretty weak goals from Varlamov this year and he's my favorite Avalanche player so I don't love trashing him

Varlamov hasn't been Varlamov but the majority of goals allowed by him have been high quality chances. He's been an average goalie. For us to win, he needs to be a top 10 goalie which he is more than capable of doing. I expect a big game from him tonight.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
From War on Ice, Varlamov this season:

Low Danger Save%: 96.23

Medium Danger Save%: 100

High Danger Save%: 63.64

So basically he's making most of the easy saves and goals he's allowing are going from high danger scoring areas, which is the defense not protecting those areas properly, not anything Varly has a lot of control over.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm

So basically he's making most of the easy saves and goals he's allowing are going from high danger scoring areas, which is the defense not protecting those areas properly, not anything Varly has a lot of control over.

I agree with this. Many of the goals scored has been off the bar or post and in.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
All in with the funny-money on the AVs tonight. They've gotta win at least once every two weeks amiright?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Eye test tells a different story... He has been struggling, he's lost confidence in himself and it shows. Mind you hasn't been as bad as some claim, he definitely needs to be better.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Varly reminds me of myself in the sense that once he lets in a bad goal, he has trouble rebounding and basically the flood gates open.

Really hoping he has a big game tonight. He should be motivated by how well Berra has played this season as well.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Wow, Landeskog talks about their "solid 5 on 5 game" as well..

Whatever, GO AVS GO!!!

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
This will be a tough game. Tampa is such a stacked team. At the very least, the hockey will be good tonight. Hopefully it is by 2 teams.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
We don't expect much tonight so let's just be kind to eachother, ok?

2014-07-25-grouphug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad