Post-Game Talk: GAME 9 - 9 GAMES = 16 POINTS - BRUINS 4 Columbus 0

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wonder if Ullmark's positional play and general helter shelter style last year was a result of playing behind some really poor Buffalo defenses. I think it has taken him awhile to trust Boston's structured system, thus now we are seeing a far more relaxed goalie.
Plus he has been working with Bob the goalie coach

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
A guy I used to work with had a small stroke and sounded similar. I hope Jack is OK.
The thing about a small stroke is that often the mind is unaffected but the connection between mind and voice gets impacted

and it shows up when you are doing play by play

that said...watch some other announcers on ESPN+ and I realize Jack is still miles better than many of them

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
View attachment 600354

I will allow some of the folks who hated Jake last year back into the fanclub. I'm feeling generous tonight. :)
After Jake's trade request lots of fans wanted him traded including me, but that doesn't mean we HATED him

I don't have much patience with any player in any sport who wants to be traded, but I'm glad they sent Butch (and his bus) packing instead of Jake

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
full

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The thing about a small stroke is that often the mind is unaffected but the connection between mind and voice gets impacted

and it shows up when you are doing play by play

that said...watch some other announcers on ESPN+ and I realize Jack is still miles better than many of them
I don't hear home games because I am at the Garden, but IMO Jack seems a wee bit better than last month.

We're going to need an explanation of the Bergeron and Foligno routine lol

They have been doing this the last few games. I think they are having fun !

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Wait, what?!?! A .984 save% !!

Dang I miss Timmy! He was so cool to watch!

Don't get me wrong, our goalies a great tho!
He truly was special. I bought in pretty early but it seemed impossible that he would continue to get better and better after not making it until so much later then most. And he was so damn likable too.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Love the way this team plays, the attack game so much more fun to watch than the system Bruce had where you sit back on a lead. I think like Ladyfan said too, is that some players last year were playing injured, Marchand, Bergeron, Grizz and maybe even Foligno. Imagine playing a sport at the elite level while having a nagging injury, it has to have an effect on your game. Hoping the boys can stay healthy all season going forward.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just watched the clip of Jack and Brick talking to Monty. Jack sounds scary, but it reminds me of a couple YouTube guys, Bob and Brad. Bob was diagnosed with Ataxia which causes similar speech problems.

Anyway, I'm not getting into diagnosing him obviously. Hope all is well and I'll leave it at that.

Back to the Bruins. Yay, it's Friday and they won. Let there be goalie hugs and cookies a-plenty!

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Wow. 4-0 on a back to back without 46, 63 & 73...now 8-1 on the season. What a team. Someone needs to bring back the Don Sweeney "deal with it" gif

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just watched the clip of Jack and Brick talking to Monty. Jack sounds scary, but it reminds me of a couple YouTube guys, Bob and Brad. Bob was diagnosed with Ataxia which causes similar speech problems.

Anyway, I'm not getting into diagnosing him obviously. Hope all is well and I'll leave it at that.

Back to the Bruins. Yay, it's Friday and they won. Let there be goalie hugs and cookies a-plenty!

Yeah, someone else (probably @GahdenRinkRat ) mentioned that as well. I have no idea only know something changed with Jack and I wish him all of the best and hope he is OK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad