GDT: Game #82. Pens in Philly. 3:30 pm Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeNBake59

WizardofFire
Feb 20, 2016
Crosby's back yard
Why can I not remember the one game Sid didn't play this year? What happened and why? I just can't remember but I noticed today he played 80 games and not 81.

game against Columbus just before Christmas, think he had a slight lower body injury, came back after that against the Wild and really started tearing it up

fauxflex

Sep 5, 2009
It's only a must win if Bruins/Wings don't win, although they should treat this game like a must win. Flyers also play Sunday, they will atleast get a chance to redeem themselves if Bruins/Wings lose in regulation, or just 1 of them.

Huh? If you're talking about the Flyers, the Pens game is only a must win for them if both the Bruins and Wings WIN, not lose...because if both BOS and DET win, they will each have 95 points...one will get the final Atlantic division spot and one will get the final conference wildcard slot (NYR or NYI will have the other, higher seeded wildcard spot)... Philly, currently at 92 points, would then need to win BOTH of their final two games (vs PIT & @ NYI), to give them 96 points, which would push BOS or DET out of that final wildcard spot.

If one of BOS or DET wins and the other loses, then that winner would get the final Atlantic Division spot and the loser would sit in the final conference wildcard slot with 93 points, which would mean the Flyers, currently at 92 points, would have to get a total of two points out of the PIT or NYI games they have left to get to 94 and take that final wildcard spot. So, in this scenario, they could clinch by beating the Pens on Sat and have a "meaningless" game against NYI on Sunday.

If both BOS and DET lose, they would both be at their current 93 points...one would win the tiebreaker (DET currently has more ROW) and one would sit in that final wildcard spot with 93 points, which also means the Flyers would need two points out of their last two games (PIT and NYI) to get 94 points and into that last wildcard spot. Just like the previous scenario, they could clinch by beating the Pens on Sat and have a "meaningless" game against NYI on Sunday.

There are other scenarios, like if BOS and/or DET get 1 point out of their games, they'd sit in that final wildcard spot at 94 points, meaning the Flyers would have to get at least 3 points out of their final two games to get in.

Anyway, here's to a good game in Philly (with the home team coming out on top of course). Feel free to rest your top players! Hopefully nobody gets injured, on either side.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Assuming Sestito is playing, and that we don't give a damn about winning...

And when I put these lines/pairings together (for this game ONLY), I don't give a damn about what side anybody plays...

Kunitz-Bonino-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Cullen-Kuhnhackl
Sheary-Crosby-Kessel
Sestito-Sundqvist-Fehr

Daley-Pouliot
Dumoulin-Lovejoy
Schultz-Cole

Zatkoff
Murray

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
Oh believe me, I'm well prepared!! Just me and my girlfriend. No pens colours will be worn, and will keep my cheering to a minimum. Don't want any trouble, just hopefully get to see us score a few goals.

Can't wait!!!!

Outstanding. Sounds like you know what you are getting into. In that case, HAVE A BALL! I hope you have a great time, and I hope Sid plays, and pots one for you! I can tell you are fired up! Lets Go Pens!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Assuming Sestito is playing, and that we don't give a damn about winning...

And when I put these lines/pairings together (for this game ONLY), I don't give a damn about what side anybody plays...

Kunitz-Bonino-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Cullen-Kuhnhackl
Sheary-Crosby-Kessel
Sestito-Sundqvist-Fehr

Daley-Pouliot
Dumoulin-Lovejoy
Schultz-Cole

Zatkoff
Murray

Close to what i expect.
Unless they can squeeze in another emergency re-call somehow.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Huh? If you're talking about the Flyers, the Pens game is only a must win for them if both the Bruins and Wings WIN, not lose...because if both BOS and DET win, they will each have 95 points...one will get the final Atlantic division spot and one will get the final conference wildcard slot (NYR or NYI will have the other, higher seeded wildcard spot)... Philly, currently at 92 points, would then need to win BOTH of their final two games (vs PIT & @ NYI), to give them 96 points, which would push BOS or DET out of that final wildcard spot.

If one of BOS or DET wins and the other loses, then that winner would get the final Atlantic Division spot and the loser would sit in the final conference wildcard slot with 93 points, which would mean the Flyers, currently at 92 points, would have to get a total of two points out of the PIT or NYI games they have left to get to 94 and take that final wildcard spot. So, in this scenario, they could clinch by beating the Pens on Sat and have a "meaningless" game against NYI on Sunday.

If both BOS and DET lose, they would both be at their current 93 points...one would win the tiebreaker (DET currently has more ROW) and one would sit in that final wildcard spot with 93 points, which also means the Flyers would need two points out of their last two games (PIT and NYI) to get 94 points and into that last wildcard spot. Just like the previous scenario, they could clinch by beating the Pens on Sat and have a "meaningless" game against NYI on Sunday.

There are other scenarios, like if BOS and/or DET get 1 point out of their games, they'd sit in that final wildcard spot at 94 points, meaning the Flyers would have to get at least 3 points out of their final two games to get in.

Anyway, here's to a good game in Philly (with the home team coming out on top of course). Feel free to rest your top players! Hopefully nobody gets injured, on either side.

Yeah, we're going to knock you guys out of the playoffs given the opportunity. No love lost.

Swic21

Jan 8, 2012
Canada
Any chance Crosby sits? I have him in my fantasy league and will release him and pick up someone else if so.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Any chance Crosby sits? I have him in my fantasy league and will release him and pick up someone else if so.

Possible but unlikely.

The Pens are already at their post-trade deadline call up limit, if they want to sit a forward they'd have to be creative about it. As in, completely fabricating an injury.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The good news about tomorrow's game is Philly still has something to play for. Their playoff lives are riding on them actually trying to win and not just being a bunch of ****ing jackoffs.

The bad news is our team's injury luck probably would result in a few of our stars going down with injuries on innocent plays.

So hopefully they don't dress Sid or Letang tomorrow. There's really zero point.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
safety%20sign.jpg

This is all that matters.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'd be surprised if they sat anyone of note, tbh. Resting one of the older guys might be the most beneficial if Crosby plays, so Cullen or the walking dead. Getting Pouliot a game would be a good idea so he's as fresh as possible in case he's needed in the playoffs.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

I meant what i said. If those 2 teams don't win then the Flyers have 2 must win games. If those teams win Flyers are pretty much toast. Can't see them winning both games.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Possible but unlikely.

The Pens are already at their post-trade deadline call up limit, if they want to sit a forward they'd have to be creative about it. As in, completely fabricating an injury.

Couldn't they just re-insert Bennett into the lineup and keep Sestito? Or is Sestito only allowed to play because Bennett is "hurt"?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Couldn't they just re-insert Bennett into the lineup and keep Sestito? Or is Sestito only allowed to play because Bennett is "hurt"?

He's only allowed because Bennett is "hurt" and was probably recalled to begin with because of Sheary's eye. He could play with Bennett in if Crosby was "hurt" tomorrow or if someone is actually hurt, but it starts to look suspicious. :laugh:

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Boston and Detroit wins. Then Sesitso wins it with 5 seconds left to elininate the Flyers and taunts the **** out of the flyers bench. He will mot see the ice in the playoffs anyway :)

One can dream, right? :)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He's only allowed because Bennett is "hurt" and was probably recalled to begin with because of Sheary's eye. He could play with Bennett in if Crosby was "hurt" tomorrow or if someone is actually hurt, but it starts to look suspicious. :laugh:

The Pens should just cite Crosby's injured back, from having to carry around useless left winger all season long.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hey guys, so, uh, yeah, I guess you guys throwing us a bone by sitting Crosby and Letang hopefully...?

:help:

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
I meant what i said. If those 2 teams don't win then the Flyers have 2 must win games. If those teams win Flyers are pretty much toast. Can't see them winning both games.

Youre still wrong lol. If those teams don't win the flyers only need one win, not two must win games.

If those teams do win than the flyers have two must win games.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What about?

Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel
Sheary-Cullen-Kuhnhackl
Kunitz-Fehr-Hornqvist
Sestito-Sundqvist-Bennett

Daley-Schultz
Pouliot-Dumoilin
Lovejoy-Cole

Zatkoff

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
The Detroit and Boston games both happen to be at 12:30. If they both get at least an OTL than we will know by the puck drop if we can eliminate the Flyers or not. Sweet :D

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Hey guys, so, uh, yeah, I guess you guys throwing us a bone by sitting Crosby and Letang hopefully...?

:help:

You wouldn't miss 58 losing his mind and playing really foolishly and recklessly, like he always does against you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad