GDT: Game #82. Pens in Philly. 3:30 pm Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If JR had traded him for Oshie like he apparently could have then Bennett's shoulder wouldn't have been screwed up by Oshie. :popcorn:

Keeping Kunitz was the biggest mistake this org has made in... awhile... giving a time frame could end in a fight.

Remember when Lovejoy almost got MAF in the eye? :shakehead

So it really IS Kunitz fault for Fleury. Kunitz for Oshie, Oshie then does not injure BB and Kunitz does not take out Fleury. Pens still roll with Fleury and BB plus Oshie...but i ather have Hagelin then Oshie and i doubt we target Hags with Oshie. IT'S ALL A CONSPIRICY!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The only weird thing is that we played our worst game after resting (NJD). But I still am all in favor of rest.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Here's a hypothetical:

The Pens are leading 3-0 going into the third period. What does Hakstol do?

Option A: puts in his best scorers trying to tie the game and gain a playoff berth

Option B: puts in his "tough" players to send a message

I think Hakstol would obviously pick option A, but if a comeback falls short the fans would crucify him for not hurting the Pens via their normal go-to tactics.

It will be interesting to watch.

The fans will absolutely crucify him if Letang isn't injured.

They crucified Gudas last time for not injuring him.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The fans will absolutely crucify him if Letang isn't injured.

They crucified Gudas last time for not injuring him.

They thought Simmonds shoulder to Letangs face was fine, same with his stick to the throat of Murray but they got angry at Kuhn for a Flyer slipping and falling and getting taken out of the game. They love watching their team injure teams but when the shoe reverses they are all up in arms.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So it really IS Kunitz fault for Fleury. Kunitz for Oshie, Oshie then does not injure BB and Kunitz does not take out Fleury. Pens still roll with Fleury and BB plus Oshie...but i ather have Hagelin then Oshie and i doubt we target Hags with Oshie. IT'S ALL A CONSPIRICY!

It's the ripple effect. Shero signs those contracts, JR doesn't trade Kunitz, Kunitz injures Fleury and that could go into the playoffs, a player they failed to trade him for hurts Bennett and Kunitz drags Crosby down. Depending on the cap I could see them still having Hagelin to move Perron and get something back.

Hornqvist-Crosby-Oshie/Bennett
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel
X-Malkin-Bennett/Oshie
X-Cullen-Fehr
X=Sheary, Kuhnhackl, Rust or Sundqvist even though I'd play one of them over Fehr.

Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Daley
Cole-Schultz
Pouliot

Fleury (never concussed!!)
Murray

Thank god we still have the worthless lump sucking up prime opportunities.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If Penguins never existed Fleury never gets a concussion. It goes all the way back to the beginning, it all leads up to Kunitz.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
If Penguins never existed Fleury never gets a concussion. It goes all the way back to the beginning, it all leads up to Kunitz.

giphy.gif

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The flyers will likely need a point to stay alive. If the game is tied late, I want our goalie pulled and going for the win. This is a perfect game to troll the flyers.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
The flyers will likely need a point to stay alive. If the game is tied late, I want our goalie pulled and going for the win. This is a perfect game to troll the flyers.

If Detroit and Boston both get at least a point, Philly can't lose a game in regulation against the Isles or the Pens. This is going to be great!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I kinda prefer Philly beating us in this one.
I want Boston and Philly in the playoffs beating on potential opponents.

I don't know how you can dress Letang in this one unless you dress 7D and use him very sparingly but still, i wouldn't even do that. Whats the point?

I'd also play Zatkoff. Again, whats the point in risking injury or shaking the confidence of Murray?

If theres any way they can sit Sid as well, you do it.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
man do I hope we win this one. Would be even better if we do sit Sid and Letang and still win.

Hey, that too.
I'm don't give a damn what the result of this one is as long as the key guys are watching from high above eating healthy nachos or back in the dressing room.

Toxic Holocaust

May 6, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I'm on holiday from Australia. Going to tomorrow's game. Been waiting over 20 years for this, probably the only Pens game I'll ever get to attend. I'm PRAYING they play Crosby, even if they only give him 10 minutes!

I've lost the chance to see 71, please don't take away 87......

steveg

Jul 8, 2012
Norman, OK
I'm on holiday from Australia. Going to tomorrow's game. Been waiting over 20 years for this, probably the only Pens game I'll ever get to attend. I'm PRAYING they play Crosby, even if they only give him 10 minutes!

Congrats! Great to hear that you made it all the way from Australia to see a Pens game! That's terrific!

That said, sorry it has to be in Philly. Word of advice -- don't wear Pens colors, unless you are ready to handle some abuse. And ESPECIALLY not if you have young children going with you. It likely won't turn out "PG" for you, if you have anything but orange and black on. Seriously, Philly fans are, let's just say, less polite than most fan bases I'm familiar with. Please don't judge American sports fans based off of what you see in Philly! :laugh:

PSUPEN

Apr 1, 2013

I will be looking for you! Seriously have a great time. :yo:

CraigAdamsnumber1fan*

:laugh:

I'd do anything to see this happen.

Toxic Holocaust

May 6, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Congrats! Great to hear that you made it all the way from Australia to see a Pens game! That's terrific!

That said, sorry it has to be in Philly. Word of advice -- don't wear Pens colors, unless you are ready to handle some abuse. And ESPECIALLY not if you have young children going with you. It likely won't turn out "PG" for you, if you have anything but orange and black on. Seriously, Philly fans are, let's just say, less polite than most fan bases I'm familiar with. Please don't judge American sports fans based off of what you see in Philly! :laugh:

Oh believe me, I'm well prepared!! Just me and my girlfriend. No pens colours will be worn, and will keep my cheering to a minimum. Don't want any trouble, just hopefully get to see us score a few goals.

Can't wait!!!!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea, theres a higher chance Sid plays out of all our heavy lifters.
Beau probably sits again and that would only leave 12F's.
Highly doubt Letang plays.
And it's a toss up if Murray or Zats plays imo.

On the flip side, they could dress 7D and rest another F like Sid.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why can I not remember the one game Sid didn't play this year? What happened and why? I just can't remember but I noticed today he played 80 games and not 81.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad