GDT: Game 82: LAK @ Quack 7:00 Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
To be fair, I do not like the twins sucker punching Kempe one bit. Doesn't matter what he did or said, your senior players don't lash out that way and walk away scott free. It's unsightly, and Getz and Perry do that a bit too much from time to time.
Literally none of that happened if Phaneuf didn’t feel the need to be fake tough guy with Holzer. There were a number of cheap shots thrown before that clip, I’d be interested to see the entire sequence before the twins acting like idiots.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don’t know about the ES goal but he definitely had changed before we scored SH. I didn’t even realize he had the second assist on that goal until I saw the box score.
I wonder if it was Lindholm he swapped for both times. Sorta points out how stupid +/- is. As well as 2nd assists, although it was a nice lead pass on the SH goal, that was all Silfverberg.

Reactions: Paul4587
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Literally none of that happened if Phaneuf didn’t feel the need to be fake tough guy with Holzer. There were a number of cheap shots thrown before that clip, I’d be interested to see the entire sequence before the twins acting like idiots.
Yeah, it wasn't a sucker punch. Kempe knew that was coming and encouraged it because he's an ass. Getz had been trying to get at him for a while.

There was a sucker punch in the game, it was Ritchie on LaDue or whoever that was.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Sure let's discuss how soft this team is and how they lack skill
Let's discuss how you are beating the drum of trading our most physical player who has improved in all aspects of the game and is on a great contract

Although this team isn’t as “tough” as it used to be, I think given the games current direction that isn’t an entirely bad thing. Ottawa and New York had tons of fighting majors yet missed the playoffs. Ritchie could maybe be argued to be one of the most physical but his physicality rarely affects the game in a positive way. As far as him improving in all aspects, I’d argue defensively he is slightly better and he has improved his skating a bit. That does not create a well-rounded player. He is very much a rough rough version of want you want him to be, in my opinion. We have two players of similar style with more talent, in my opinion, in Comtois and Jones.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
9-4-1 since Kesler stopped playing.

I feel like we don't talk enough about how bizarre it is that he was only playing to reach an arbitrary games played total. Like on one hand I can respect how much pride he has and how hard he worked to come back but on the other hand it's completely insane.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Exaggeration, to be sure. Many, like me, think he's not worth his contract and that it will look worse as he ages.
it's really not much of an exaggeration. Fowler gets incredibly more shit on than anyone else on this team. And his contract will become on the lower end of #2Ds in a few years anyway. Our defense would be much worse if we move Fowler until we know our prospects are ready for more responsibility, which they aren't.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
9-4-1 since Kesler stopped playing.

I feel like we don't talk enough about how bizarre it is that he was only playing to reach an arbitrary games played total. Like on one hand I can respect how much pride he has and how hard he worked to come back but on the other hand it's completely insane.
We don't talk about it because it isn't bizarre. Unless you have a general misunderstanding of human nature.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
it's really not much of an exaggeration. Fowler gets incredibly more **** on than anyone else on this team. And his contract will become on the lower end of #2Ds in a few years anyway. Our defense would be much worse if we move Fowler until we know our prospects are ready for more responsibility, which they aren't.
I disagree completley , but you keep on lovin fowler

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Cam is on ok deal. I see no problems here. Not every player can be on a Rakell like contract, especially when we talk about UFA years.

And I'm so glad we extended Silfverberg.
Disagree. The term is going to be a killer. Cam no longer an elite skater in a couple of years is going to be ugly.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

GiveYouABagOfPucks

Jan 29, 2015
Disagree. The term is going to be a killer. Cam no longer an elite skater in a couple of years is going to be ugly.

Nothing has shown Cam will slow down soon imo. He has never played a heavy game. Maybe I’m being optimistic but I feel like Cam won’t slow down till after this contract which we should all hope for as duck fans. I think him playing a sheltered role moving forward will allow us to see much better production.

Fingers crossed Lindholm and Manson gel under whatever new system is put in place.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

And you know that by what? Nothing is ugly, the only problem we have now is 3 heavyweights from the same draft class. Getzy does not look ugly. And Cam plays such a soft game his body will not wear down so quickly.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Money takin into the equation and he isnt far off this year. Some fans will point to the hat trick and give his season a pass
No, Fowler's contract does not put him on the same level as Bieksa. Bieksa was actively making our defense worse, provided nothing outside of hits/fights, he was basically an enforcer. Fowler still provides more offense, better defense, better D-zone breakouts, and has shown to be able to carry terrible partners (like Bieksa) and make them look semi decent (MDZ for example). He's not a perfect player, he has issues when it comes to the physicality of the sport, but he helps our team way more than he hurts it.

I disagree completley , but you keep on lovin fowler

Sorry I like a key part to our defense for the last few seasons, even after a bad year?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Getz looks good when healthy. But I think he's turned the corner as far as father time catching up to him. I doubt he ever plays 70 games in a season again and expect quite a few stretches of "day to day" with a UBI.

Reactions: mightyquack

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Nice way to end the season, Steel certainly looks promising. Good to see Jones get some reward, was kind of crazy he only had 2 points in 28 games at one point as he seemed to be in and around the play constantly.

Loss would have been better for draft, but it seems winning such a meaningless game has sent some Kings fans into a meltdown so that's probably even better. Just need them to drop 3 spots in the draft somehow now :laugh:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I wonder if it was Lindholm he swapped for both times. Sorta points out how stupid +/- is. As well as 2nd assists, although it was a nice lead pass on the SH goal, that was all Silfverberg.

Yeah +\- is a ridiculous stat. It says something about a stay when your second best defensive forward has a team worst +\-.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Yeah +\- is a ridiculous stat. It says something about a stay when your second best defensive forward has a team worst +\-.
+/- is a simple stat that should be taken in context. Zone starts, level of opposition, team goal differential, save % when on the ice for instance.

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
IMO, the best context for +/- is to only use it comparing teammates. There will obviously be variances due player usages. But you take the goaltending right out of the equation.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
King fans crying on the main board hahahahaha

What's really hilarious about that thread is how incredibly whinny it is and the fact that someone thought what happened was thread worthy. And to top it off, one of his fellow kings fans said if the shoe were on the other foot, Ducks fans would start a thread like that. That's a laugh. No Ducks fan here would start a thread like that; it would be too embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad