Post-Game Talk: Game 82 | Giggy's Farewell | Avs @ Ducks | April 13th | 6PM MST

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Didnt watch the game, how was Elliott?

A lot like Barrie to start the year, but better offensively. He didn't fit into the system very well, was stuck with Wilson defensively and not quite crisp in his pickups with the man to man system.

I did feel that he showed his potential very well though. Even at the net, he was stronger than Barrie. So hopefully he requires a little less sheltering in the future since he's going to be playing with Guenin or Holden for the most part probably.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
He prefaces the Berra article by stating it's the fans who have complained about Berra to him, he is just responding to that. I don't disagree that it was the wrong choice to play him but Dater does dwell on the point somewhat.

The content is neither here nor there though, any time the guys name is mentioned the hating bandwagon appears over and over. We know the Avs won't allow any beat writer open access, he is doing the best he can with the access he gets.

You tell 'em AD!

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Didnt watch the game, how was Elliott?

I thought he was fine bordering on a good game. He had some issues picking up his man (especially when Wilson started wondering around the ice), but he had good stick work defensively (broke up a 2 on 1 and was keeping players' sticks tied up all night) and showed good offensive instincts. He also didn't seem to shy away from contact nearly as much and was taking the body slightly more. He has a long ways to go before he can be relied upon for big minutes, but he should be good enough for bottom pairing and power play duty if needed in the playoffs, and going into next year, he should look good in that role.

Now Wilson on the other hand... should never see the ice again in an Avs uniform. He has gone from a rookie surprise who looked like he could be good to injury prone, but decent when on the ice to a freaking train wreck. Trade him for a bag of pucks or buy him out.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Roy's system sure got implemented in Lake Erie, huh?

And the Dater thing. I'm not going to harp on it and we are past that but he's giving incorrect information. Again. It's not nit picky, it's constant.

Last edited:

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Looked like Giggy handed Teemu the puck when they did their little lap. Pure class from Giggy. Hard not to like the flash either.

Teemu got the puck. Giggy picked it up out of the net and held onto it until Selanne grabbed him and they skated the rink.

[NHL]603688[/NHL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad