Post-Game Talk: Game 82 | Giggy's Farewell | Avs @ Ducks | April 13th | 6PM MST

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
One of Dater's criticisms of Roy involves the three year contract given to Berra, and that is not a coaching decision. The other Roy decisions have not cost the Avs at all.

He also wrote "Giguere played well in relief and the Avs battled gamely." WTF is this, old England?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He thinks Berra should have been sent down so they could call up someone to take the place of a guy like Hejda.

If he didn't rest anyone else, he wasn't going to rest Hejda. Dater doesn't have a rational thought in his head.

He just thinks since he's been so complimentary all season, he needs to find something to be critical about. If there's nothing to be overly critical about, you don't need to do so as a writer. It's like being a referee. You don't have to call a penalty just for the sake of calling a penalty.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I'm pretty sure Dater holds grudges, he just had to write something about "Roy messing up" before the season was over.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Dater's an asshat and thats why Roy treats him like one. Roy shouldnt even talk to him the rest of the playoffs.

What exactly did Roy cost us the final weekend? We won the division?!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I love how in the first part of the blog he says "I work for the DP and the fans, not the team"

Like if that somehow makes him better.

If he worked for the fans, he would have been fired a long long time ago.

That's just his usual "I'M OBJECTIVE, I'M OBJECTIVE" shouting into the wind kind of statement.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roy's message to Blackhawks fans in Denver who bought playoff tickets, "good luck on Ebay'. :laugh:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Adrian Dater @adater
Roy should win coach of the year, but bad moves in final weekend cost team

What is he talking about? Other than the questionable decision to start Berra which didn't really hurt us in the end, what bad moves did Roy make? Mitchell got hurt against the Canucks and Barrie against the Sharks. Both of those games meant something so he wasn't going rest players.

The playoffs start on Thursday they have 3 days to rest before then. If they scratched our players this game then they would not have played for 6 days which I think would be counter-productive, sure they might be well rested but also probably rusty.

I don't get the whole resting our players thing if they are healthy they should play, if borderline injured then scratch them. That being said I think goalie's are different could use the rest.

Charlatan

Mar 4, 2014
Scotland
And we're complaining about his complaining.

:scared:

He prefaces the Berra article by stating it's the fans who have complained about Berra to him, he is just responding to that. I don't disagree that it was the wrong choice to play him but Dater does dwell on the point somewhat.

The content is neither here nor there though, any time the guys name is mentioned the hating bandwagon appears over and over. We know the Avs won't allow any beat writer open access, he is doing the best he can with the access he gets.

Sheet

Apr 1, 2013
FYI, Avs finished with the 5th best PP in the league. So can we stop complaining about the PP? :nod:

Not a chance. Not ever.

Can we bring back Sacco? I'm running out of stuff to hate on the avs over and its starting to scare me... like a toddler being too quiet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad