Post-Game Talk: Game 82 | Giggy's Farewell | Avs @ Ducks | April 13th | 6PM MST

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
If you have GCL, watch the end of the Ducks feed. They showed the Avs shaking Selanne's hand and Selanne and Giguere skating around the ice.

That's pretty awesome. Did he go down the line, kinda playoff style?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Was probably posted before but here's a pic of Giggy with the coach

patrick-roy-js-giguere.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Was probably posted before but here's a pic of Giggy with the coach

Been posted before, but always cool to see.

Funny how both of them have exactly the same look on their face they do now, 30 or whatever years later.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's pretty awesome. Did he go down the line, kinda playoff style?

Avs skated towards him at the end of his victory lap. All shook his hand. They also showed Sakic and Kariya among those in the crowd giving him a standing ovation.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs skated towards him at the end of his victory lap. All shook his hand. They also showed Sakic and Kariya among those in the crowd giving him a standing ovation.

That's awesome. Didn't know either were in the crowd. Great gesture. I was gonna say, I wonder if this might have been Joe's idea, since he was the only one that played with him, and I'm sure he knew what a tough season it was for him in Denver.

OMackDuch

Mar 18, 2014
quebec city, quebec
if you didn't watch the last game of ryan smyth last night ... you had reaaaaaally miss something.

if you don't have time, just take a look at the end of the third.

I cried like a baby.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
if you didn't watch the last game of ryan smyth last night ... you had reaaaaaally miss something.

if you don't have time, just take a look at the end of the third.

I cried like a baby.

Care to give a recap? These things are rarely acknowledged in full in the game highlights.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's awesome. Didn't know either were in the crowd. Great gesture. I was gonna say, I wonder if this might have been Joe's idea, since he was the only one that played with him, and I'm sure he knew what a tough season it was for him in Denver.

Maybe. Could have gotten the idea from the Canucks as well, they did the same thing for Smyth last night. Came back onto the ice after Smyth's victory lap and shook his hand. Probably the only time I've ever seen the Canucks do anything "classy". :laugh:

A few Ducks players also went and shook Giguere's hand at the end but the feed cut out so I'm not sure if they all did or not.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe. Could have gotten the idea from the Canucks as well, they did the same thing for Smyth last night. Came back onto the ice after Smyth's victory lap and shook his hand. Probably the only time I've ever seen the Canucks do anything "classy". :laugh:

A few Ducks players also went and shook Giguere's hand at the end but the feed cut out so I'm not sure if they all did or not.

Wierd sense of congeniality all around. Doesn't bode well for a potential rivalry. They need to cut this crap out. :laugh:

And yea, The Canucks are the last team I'd expect to do that for Edmonton no less.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Adrian Dater @adater
Roy should win coach of the year, but bad moves in final weekend cost team

What is he talking about? Other than the questionable decision to start Berra which didn't really hurt us in the end, what bad moves did Roy make? Mitchell got hurt against the Canucks and Barrie against the Sharks. Both of those games meant something so he wasn't going rest players.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Adrian Dater @adater

What is he talking about? Other than the questionable decision to start Berra which didn't really hurt us in the end, what bad moves did Roy make? Mitchell got hurt against the Canucks and Barrie against the Sharks. Both of those games meant something so he wasn't going rest players.

Most mammals use 10% of their brains for cognition. Dater is a different story.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Adrian Dater @adater

Yea, eff off. Bad moves my ass. Trying way too hard to be "objective." You don't have to go out of your way to be negative to be objective. He gave Berra a game, big deal. That's why Dater is Dater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad