GDT: Game 82 "fare thee well Love" Oilers v Nucks 8pm HINC 630ched

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
btw, I had a typo and meant to write that we should've been better (not shouldn't have), but I disagree that this outcome was devastating. It is disappointing but this is a league with a lot of parity. It's harder to put teams behind you. By the same token, it should be easier for us to climb the standings. We just need to gain traction and our assent will be quick. Over and over, history shows that teams rarely get better slowly over time. There are usually big leaps upwards and downwards.

Every year for me where we finish in the toilet is devastating. I lost my patience long ago, my friend. The only reason my head hasn't fallen off this year is because of Chiarelli, McLellan, and McDavid. Hopefully we can take that giant leap sooner rather than later, because this past decade hasn't been very fun. :(

The problem with our schedule is that we don't get to play the Oilers.

:laugh:

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
These guys have nothing to be proud of, but I guarantee someone is going to say "we battled hard this year, we have a lot of positives to take, we are really coming together, etc, etc, blah blah blah" in their post game interview.

Likely last game as an oiler for yakupov and maybe eberle/nuge.

Jun 9, 2011
Oh I'm happy for the possibility of 20 for Drai and 50 for McDavid thing. Didn't realize that.
One more thing to play for. Although, I doubt professional athletes would ever tank on purpose anyway.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Oh I'm happy for the possibility of 20 for Drai and 50 for McDavid thing. Didn't realize that.
One more thing to play for. Although, I doubt professional athletes would ever tank on purpose anyway.

I have a feeling that neither of those things happen today unfortunately

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Every year for me where we finish in the toilet is devastating. I lost my patience long ago, my friend. The only reason my head hasn't fallen off this year is because of Chiarelli, McLellan, and McDavid. Hopefully we can take that giant leap sooner rather than later, because this past decade hasn't been very fun. :(
:

as fans sure, it can be devastating. I'm just saying it like how guys like McLellan and Chiarelli would look at the state of the team. I wouldn't be so quick as to say this year was devestating even with the result. There's still a lot of talent here, and we saw a lot of players step up like Draisaitl, Davidson, Klefbom, Maroon, McDavid, and Talbot. Basically, the approach to our roster would be to make one major move and then to tweak the rest of it. That's not quite what I would say as devastating result if that's what the mandate is.

YYCSabresFan

Craig Conroy 4 GM
Jun 23, 2014
Calgary
I was in my last week of sixth grade the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs.

I'm now on the verge of finishing my Bachelor's degree and entering the full-time workforce.

....sorry for the irrelevant details....just need to let that settle in. To think of how long ago it was that Chris Pronger corralled that puck near the left face-off circle of the Oilers zone, turned, and slapped it down the ice in the dying seconds as the Hurricanes players and bench erupted in celebration.

To think that that was the most recent moment of playoff hockey for this once-proud franchise.:(:(

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
We are all being nice here and pretending the Canucks are not a sad sack of a franchise in their current state. This is a game Oilers should win - barring freaky goals. The loser mentality needs to end this season and games like this should be cakewalks.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I want McDavid goals, lots of them.

Yup. Light the lamp kid. 97 is the reason I believe the dark decade is coming to a close.

Last time we'll see some/most of the old "core" in an Oiler uniform. Hopefully we can burn the word "core" too and just have one team.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Same. Things have to happen now with 97 & 29 on their ELC, we can afford to pay for a star Dman.

I trust in Chia's vision and McLellan behind the bench (I mean Patty Maroon :handclap:). We need some continuity, I think we've sorted out our management/coaching issues.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Canucks will probably want to put on a good show for their fans and play well after teh recent blowups.

Too bad the NHL screwed the Lottery process to let all 14 teams a chance at #1. It should never be that way. A team barely out of the playoffs is still a powerful team and should be allowed any chance to get the 1st pick. NHL Bas---ds!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
welp, this game matters zilch for either team. Didn't notice that about where the Nucks were. They've had a rough season.

Now if we win we will crack 70 points. That would at least be something.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
welp, this game matters zilch for either team. Didn't notice that about where the Nucks were. They've had a rough season.

Now if we win we will crack 70 points. That would at least be something.

That it would, here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2