GDT: Game 82 "fare thee well Love" Oilers v Nucks 8pm HINC 630ched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Welp. Still ain't mad over this year.

If you told me this time last year that this would be a reality ...

connor_mcdavid_edmonton_102515.jpg

Even with one more bad year, I'd have ran around my neighborhood naked to make it happen.

But starting this summer, Chia's on the clock. We need one top four d-man and an upgrade on Fayne minimum this summer. Like the Talbot, Maroon, and Kassian moves otherwise. Oh and a bigger/stronger 3C would be nice, Lander was a bust.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Just say no to the Tank. Even if your friends are doing it. Lets get 29th place!

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Leafs might intentionally lose tonight to complete the tank, but they're tempting fate. Going from 29th to 30th only gets you a 6.5% higher chance at #1. That makes a difference only in 1 out of 15 scenarios. I say grab 29th and the 1st overall, Oilers. Do it.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hoping for a win. This roster will be undergoing major changes this offseason. Last time some of these guys put on the Oiler uniform.

Go Oilers!

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Hoping for McDavid to get two points to reach 50 and Drai to get a goal to 20. Maybe for one player to score 5 goals so someone can win 1 million in Safeway Score and Win.(What a joke btw).

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Oilers are checked out. The last game at rexall with all that fan fare and ceremonies was the end for them. They partied had fun, and now have zero time for another game.

Vancouver just blows, and so does Edmonton. Vancouver is probably tanking and Edmonton is just out of it. This will be a brutal game and probably a 3-0 Canucks win

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Hoping for McDavid to get two points to reach 50 and Drai to get a goal to 20. Maybe for one player to score 5 goals so someone can win 1 million in Safeway Score and Win.(What a joke btw).

Exactly what I want. Drai to hit 20 goals, McDavid to hit at least 50 points (53 points - 3rd in rookie scoring - and 20 goals would be awesome!), Hall to play in all 82 games this season (how has this become so rare where it's an achievement?), the team to finish with 70+ pts (sadly), and for the love of G.. WIN! The hockey Gods will make sure we win the lottery no mater where we finish. I would rather finish higher in the standings and have less of a chance at #1-3 in the draft.

Last edited:

OutForMilk

Feb 25, 2010
location, location

I was thinking the exact same thing. 50 points for Connor. Nothing else really worth cheering for.

Ogurek

Sep 29, 2010
10 years without playoffs... I need to kick my love for this team. When is the first meeting for Oilers Anonymous (OA)?

Here's a game day song... The Jezabels - My Love Is My Disease

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Strange that Drai couldn't score 20 yet. The blazing pace this guy was on was unbelievable and unsustainable obviously but he should've had a much easier time reaching that mark with the work he did early. Fairly substantial collapse between him and Hall through the meat of the season.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Strange that Drai couldn't score 20 yet. The blazing pace this guy was on was unbelievable and unsustainable obviously but he should've had a much easier time reaching that mark with the work he did early. Fairly substantial collapse between him and Hall through the meat of the season.

Maybe, but he's a playmaker first. Just being 1 away from 20 in a season where he missed 10 games is pretty darn good in its own right.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
who was realistically thinking playoffs were coming this year though? I'm extremely optimistic about the team but I knew this wasn't our year yet. We shouldn't have been better, but it is what it is. I still feel the team made hidden progress. I'm praying for a good offseason because if that happens I definitely am predicting playoffs.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

I think some of the young Oilers could hit ELC bonuses tonight and take a million or so more out of Katz' pocketbook. It wouldn't feel like an Oilers meaningless final game without someone trying to hit a bonus. As long as they don't celly like Schultz I'm ok with it, plus it's extra embarrassing for the organization if they spend over the cap on a bottom 2 team in the league.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Welp. Still ain't mad over this year.

If you told me this time last year that this would be a reality ...

connor_mcdavid_edmonton_102515.jpg

Even with one more bad year, I'd have ran around my neighborhood naked to make it happen.

But starting this summer, Chia's on the clock. We need one top four d-man and an upgrade on Fayne minimum this summer. Like the Talbot, Maroon, and Kassian moves otherwise. Oh and a bigger/stronger 3C would be nice, Lander was a bust.

agreed.

i don't think many figured we would be a playoff team this season, and no matter how much i don't like using injuries as an excuse, they absolutely did play a factor in finishing bottom 2 in the league again this year. but this needs to be a summer of reclamation, chiarelli needs to turn this team around and make them into, at the very least, a playoff contending team.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
who was realistically thinking playoffs were coming this year though? I'm extremely optimistic about the team but I knew this wasn't our year yet. We shouldn't have been better, but it is what it is. I still feel the team made hidden progress. I'm praying for a good offseason because if that happens I definitely am predicting playoffs.

Not many, but a lot of us were hoping to be fighting for close proximity to the wild card. DFL, or 29th is devastating. I'm hopeful with Chiarelli, McLellan, and McDavid, but I lost a lot of faith in our players this year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not many, but a lot of us were hoping to be fighting for close proximity to the wild card. DFL, or 29th is devastating. I'm hopeful with Chiarelli, McLellan, and McDavid, but I lost a lot of faith in our players this year.

While I'm the first to ride on the players, I also have to say our schedule blows, we were dealt a few devastating injuries and the league as a whole feels stronger this year. No tanking teams besides Toronto.

Don't know if there's ever been a year where no team finished with less than 70 points.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
While I'm the first to ride on the players, I also have to say our schedule blows, we were dealt a few devastating injuries and the league as a whole feels stronger this year. No tanking teams besides Toronto.

Don't know if there's ever been a year where no team finished with less than 70 points.

Yeah, our schedule was horse****, and the injuries really didn't help anything either. I hope someone from the Oilers talks to the league, and gets a schedule that doesn't suck dank for once.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
btw, I had a typo and meant to write that we should've been better (not shouldn't have), but I disagree that this outcome was devastating. It is disappointing but this is a league with a lot of parity. It's harder to put teams behind you. By the same token, it should be easier for us to climb the standings. We just need to gain traction and our assent will be quick. Over and over, history shows that teams rarely get better slowly over time. There are usually big leaps upwards and downwards.

Shredator

Oct 6, 2009
Edmonton
Yeah, our schedule was horse****, and the injuries really didn't help anything either. I hope someone from the Oilers talks to the league, and gets a schedule that doesn't suck dank for once.

The problem with our schedule is that we don't get to play the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad