GDT: Game 82: Everyone Overreact: Bruins @ NJ Devils 3pm ET

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Missed the game, thought it was a 7 start. Doesn't seem I missed overly much, except Marchand on the PP and Koko seems to have had a couple nice opportunities as well judging by the highlights.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I like Koko alot. He seemed pretty comfortable out there. Of all the Baby B's, he or Florek had the best game. Lindblad was faster of a skater than I remember in preseason.
I hardly noticed Cunningham. Don't really have a thought on him.
Love FLorek's game. He just competes. He shoved through the sticks and cheks in the O zone at one point in the third period and it made me wonder "Why is Caron going to play over this guy?"
He's big, he skates well and he seems to be able to grind better than Caron does

Kitchener Boy

Apr 9, 2012
Kitchener
I like Koko alot. He seemed pretty comfortable out there. Of all the Baby B's, he or Florek had the best game. Lindblad was faster of a skater than I remember in preseason.
Love FLorek's game. He just competes. He shoved through the sticks and cheks in the O zone at one point in the third period and it made me wonder "Why is Caron going to play over this guy?"
He's big, he skates well and he seems to be able to grind better than Caron does
Good question
Florek is far better than Caron

Kvartalnov_Fan

Stanley Cup Stupid!
Oct 18, 2002
Den of evil.Montreal
Visit site

I too thought Khokhlachev and Florek looked like the better players out of the batch of baby B's that got called up.

Florek plays a solid game and i would take him over caron any day. I did find him to be a bit of a slow skater though.

Lindblad, to me, is destined to be Thornton's replacement on the 4th line. He plays that dump and chase game well and has good speed. I like him, but he needs some more time in the AHL (They all do really).

Cunningham...was he there? Then again, I think he was with Caron so I'll give him a pass.

Khokhlachev, He did get to play with Marchy and Smith so that helped him a bit, but overall, I thought he played a good game. He didn't float, he went into the corners and he even finished his check when he had the chance. His skating was good to my untrained eyes and he did drive the net when he had the chance. Overall, I really liked what I saw.

OutspokenMinority*

First time I saw Koko and it was a very pleasant surprise. I always thought that he was the easy choice to be dealt between him and Spooner but Koko's style is a lot more Bruins-ish than I had thought. He also seems a little more solid physically than I expected. I thought he was a rail. So all that works in his favor, plus the fact that Claude doesn't seem so enthralled with Spooner, and if history is a guide, those things tend not to change over time.

One game means nothing of course, and if Koko's real game is soft with minimal battle and attention to D then he'll never play here, but based strictly on yesterday's game, he's got a much better chance of sticking than I ever thought. Will be interesting to see how that develops.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
What surprised me about Koko was his physical play-I was expecting more of a finesse player but he would battle in the boards and drove to the net with no fear. I liked his game-it still needs some polish before he's ready for the NHL but thought he looked good.

Florek IMO could step in tomorrow for Paille on the 4th line and be leaps and bounds better than Caron. Florek's game was much closer to Paille's game than Caron's. If it's a cap issue send Caron through waivers and keep Florek.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
What surprised me about Koko was his physical play-I was expecting more of a finesse player but he would battle in the boards and drove to the net with no fear. I liked his game-it still needs some polish before he's ready for the NHL but thought he looked good.

Florek IMO could step in tomorrow for Paille on the 4th line and be leaps and bounds better than Caron. Florek's game was much closer to Paille's game than Caron's. If it's a cap issue send Caron through waivers and keep Florek.

Once the playoffs begin there are no cap considerations.

The answer to why Caron is in Boston and these players have been in Providence is answered on this page - because they get to play, rather than sit in the press box for more than half the season.

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Watching Koko play reminded me of a young fresh Vlad Sobotka. Like the way he was constantly moving and battling. Had one real good chance and all around looked like he has NHL in his future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad