GDT: Game 82: Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens 4/16/24 TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Ok Montreal.. You did me a solid last night. Although I didn't like the manner in which you did it. Thanks for toying with my emotions. All I ask for tonight is to please stop putting your bodies in front of all our shots. I will say Hutson didn't look out of place. I never really heard much about him until yesterday. I know you were excited to see him go. He didn't disappoint. Looks like you have a good one
Trust me, a majority of both fanbases want the same result.

Reactions: PhysicX

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing Mailloux play & Hutson play. Too bad Roy got injured.

Final game. I've enjoyed this season for the most part. Team has worked hard & has at least been in the majority of games. It's been fun watching Suzuki and seeing Slafkovsky grow so much over the year.

It'll be an interesting off-season. We need to move at least one defenseman to make room for Hutson. We need to get rid of Anderson for sure. Of the vets, he's the one we need to prioritize this summer even more so then Gallagher. We'll worry about him in 2025.

Detroit isn't in control of their own fate even if they win tonight, they still need Washington to not gain 2 pts versus Philadelphia. The problem is if that game goes to OT, Flyers are eliminated. They need a regulation win to even have a chance at the playoffs. They could end up in a situation where they have to pull the goalie if the game is tied late. The Caps could get in on an ENG.

I'll be watching that game with a lot of interest, too.

Hope tonight's game is a good one. I'm just enjoying this final game.

It's going to be Kovacevic, every team could use a RHD with some size. There's no way they're trading Barron, they're gonna give him as much time as possible to figure it out before finally deciding what to do with him IMO.

He still has upside and D's take time.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Sorry lads, I just can’t get behind losing tonight. Old man grudges just live on! Will never forgive the last game of 1970 regular season when the Wings tanked for the Rangers and ended the 23 year streak Habs playoff runs! f*** the Wings Deadwood style. Lousy :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ers!!!!!

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Hutson's skating and defensive stickwork are better than I expected, and man, can he can ever move the puck well with his passing skills.

Should be a fun game to watch tonight seeing both Mailloux and Hutson take their cups of coffee.

Hoping for a lot of scoring, and one final regulation loss for the tank.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
It's going to be Kovacevic, every team could use a RHD with some size. There's no way they're trading Barron, they're gonna give him as much time as possible to figure it out before finally deciding what to do with him IMO.

He still has upside and D's take time.

Barron is awful though

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Barron is awful though

Barron is unfinished, I agree he has some holes in his game. However awful is not my opinion on the player. He has some great tools at his disposal, he just needs more time. Even if he never gets there, it's the prudent thing to do with his potential.

What would be awful is to see him blossom elsewhere. D's need time.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
RHP is not in the same category as Pezz, Ylonen, etc. Last night's game he showed exactly what he can bring. Remember he was injured earlier, but with a full summer of training I think he comes back as good as last season.
I'd get rid of every player you listed before I even think of moving RHP.
I think RHP is a decent player but does he really fit in our plan? No way. Move him, get value, don't settle for guys like that in the bottom 6. He doesn't bring enough. Period.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I don't care if primeau has to shoot the puck into his own net, just loose in regulation.
in fact the best would be if the wings take a 4-0 first period lead and then it's ok IF Staf or CC or Suzuki or even Lane get a goal just make sure you LOOSE IN REG

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
S
I don't care if primeau has to shoot the puck into his own net, just loose in regulation.
in fact the best would be if the wings take a 4-0 first period lead and then it's ok IF Staf or CC or Suzuki or even Lane get a goal just make sure you LOOSE IN REG

Monty Flu ..Hayden groin pull in warm up... E bug goalie ...lol

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I really wanted to have a game off of the tank - well this is the last tank game I'm cheering for in this rebuild, so let's tank this mother f***er one last time.

Yep. Realistically after this draft we should have enough good prospects/players to develop a good team going forward. The prospect cupboards will be full and we should be able to adress any further needs with trades and free agency.

The time for tanking should be done after this draft and we should be hoping to build on what we have by shifting our focus on competing next season.

It's been a long haul, looking forward to seeing some brighter days ahead next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad