GDT: Game 82: Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens 4/16/24 TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Tonight's last game is the first game I'll be able to watch in over a week. I watched last night's highlights and was thrilled to see Hutson's confidence with the puck. The gifts are obvious; if he's half as motivated as Slafkovsky to learn the admin part of the job, he'll be something.

Can't wait to see game #2 for Hutson and the big debut for Mailloux!

For a team with chronic offensive problems, we seem to be building a roster with scoring coming from the D.

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
Ok Montreal.. You did me a solid last night. Although I didn't like the manner in which you did it. Thanks for toying with my emotions. All I ask for tonight is to please stop putting your bodies in front of all our shots. I will say Hutson didn't look out of place. I never really heard much about him until yesterday. I know you were excited to see him go. He didn't disappoint. Looks like you have a good one

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
ill be at the bell center tonight hopefully i can win one of those jerseys at the end
My ex won a game-worn jersey exactly 10 years ago. Her seat was selected – she couldn't believe it! She (and my young son) were sent down to ice level with the other winners, each were given a number, and then the players skated out and found the fan with the matching number.

She ended up with Michael Bournival, probably the least desirable jersey. Still, she's got the certified game-worn #49 stored in an official Habs box, plus the video she took on her phone. You can see the players skating around her, including David Desharnais, who looked shorter than her. Cool experience! Hope yours is as good!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Last night was wild one of the best game of the season. The intensity was great, Kovacevic was going out of his way to hit people and Anderson was actually trying.

Be glad Dach got hurt and Allen struggled with the 3 goalie situation because this team would be looking to draft like 13th rn.

Last edited:

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
My ex won a game-worn jersey exactly 10 years ago. Her seat was selected – she couldn't believe it! She (and my young son) were sent down to ice level with the other winners, each were given a number, and then the players skated out and found the fan with the matching number.

She ended up with Michael Bournival, probably the least desirable jersey. Still, she's got the certified game-worn #49 stored in an official Habs box, plus the video she took on her phone. You can see the players skating around her, including David Desharnais, who looked shorter than her. Cool experience! Hope yours is as good!
Yes they do it every year and im also going with my son tonight so hoping for the best but im sure theres plenty of families who would also like to win

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yes they do it every year and im also going with my son tonight so hoping for the best but im sure theres plenty of families who would also like to win
They only let her take our son onto the ice because he was young. Normally, only the winner is allowed 'backstage'.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Probably will not happen today, but would be fun to see Hutson and Mailloux together on the pp

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I need to figure out a way to sneak in an octopus to the game. Maybe that will motivate those Red Wings to win in regulation this time. Sling shot that sucker on the ice
Was wondering why their fans get to delay the game like that last night in the 3rd period, twice no less? That crap should happen before the game starts, not during.

Anyhow, let's hope the boys play well in the last home game, and the last game of the season.
Really excited as to what next year will bring, with the addition of Dach and at least one good summer aquisition for up front in our top 6.
The kids on the back may not get rushed to the NHL but what a pleasant problem to have....

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Do the Habs really want to win, and by doing so fall 2 spots in the draft order (behind Arizona and Ottawa)?

I would think they are playing half the farm in the last game, to secure an even better draft pick. In situations like this, it’s probably better to think long term for the franchise.

Get your point but not a chance that players or managment thinks like that

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I really wanted to have a game off of the tank - well this is the last tank game I'm cheering for in this rebuild, so let's tank this mother f***er one last time.

Yeah next year no more rooting for losses, it's going to be so refreshing. It's too sapping as a fan hoping for defeat. I can't do it anymore. I don't care if we have a difficult season next, but I sure as hell ain't hoping for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad