GDT: Game 82: Detroit Red Wings vs Montreal Canadiens 4/16/24 TSN2, RDS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Didn't we lose them both to waivers? Bouilllion too, then reclaimed him a while later? Not sure "we" gave up on them as much as the team was unwilling to make space for them. Which is why I want to move Savard. He's a good, serviceable player but isn't part of the future. Same for Matheson although he could maybe fetch back a future key cog. I rag on him a lot, but he's probably just used in the wrong slot - like Brisebois was.
I guess, I was thinking more about a mindset that gives up too early whether it's by trade or waivers. There will always be regrettable losses though

Reactions: Habs13

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
Yeah, if he plays another year, that's 4 years on our cap hit then we buyout him out summer of 2025 adds another 4 years. 8 years total. 80% of a decade.
If we buy him out at the end of next season he'll have 2 years remaining, and he'd then affect the cap for the following 4.

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
That's what I said. 4 years of regular contract & 4 years of buyout. Total of 8 years.
It would be 2 years of regular contract though. If bought out - a total of 4 years. Unless i'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's what I've seen on twitter

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

Carey when he sees Colin White: "Congrats on tying me in points this year"

1713296834024.png

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I guess, I was thinking more about a mindset that gives up too early whether it's by trade or waivers. There will always be regrettable losses though
Yeah - and you're not wrong. So many years of bad management lead us to this mess. Mostly Bergevin but not only him. The years prior to his had some questionable moves as well.

With the logjam and defense, it could well happen again... we'll soon find out. I wouldn't be shocked if Ylonen and Harvey-Pinard are exposed to waivers to start next season as well. Sent to Laval.

Can you please guys have some mercy and loose to us tonight? :)
Sure, why not... would benefit us too. Helps us get a better draft pick.

Reactions: BLONG7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad