GDT: Game #82 Boston at Toronto - Apr 29th 7pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mitchician

Dec 10, 2009
I'd rest Soup and Kallgren and call up Hutton
Use whatever limit we can to rest some players.
I'd even like to rest Liljegren and Gio for this last game

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Simmonds - Tavares - Robertson
Clifford - Blackwell - Kerfoot
Mikhayev - Kampf - Engvall
Spezza - Abruzzese

Muzzin - Brodie
Sandin - Holl
Rielly - Boosh
Liljgren

Kallgren

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Last game of the season - wondering what our roster will look like? The game is basically pointless to us so no point in risking an injury, but there is a small chance it means something to Boston (not likely).

I can't see Campbell playing, also can't see Matthews playing. Obviously no Bunting. Any thoughts on who else will sit out?

Probably decent ice time for lines 3 and 4 as well.
After practice Keefe said the the team would talk about whose going to play. He said the topic of Marner reaching 100 points would be a key to the decision

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Leafs better have their heads up.

The Bs see the Leafs as a potential opponent, they are going to want to either get in their heads by pasting them, or cripple them by taking out some of the big dogs.
I don't think the B's want to take anyone of our players out. I'm 100% sure that the B's would rather face the Leafs in a possible 2nd round than Tampa.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I don't think the B's want to take anyone of our players out. I'm 100% sure that the B's would rather face the Leafs in a possible 2nd round than Tampa.
Does it reseed after the 1st round?
Thought the wildcard teams stay within the side they align with.

Boston (if they beat Carolina) would play NYR/PIT. (If that's how things shake out)

Reactions: Rob Brown

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Boston (if they beat Carolina) would play NYR/PIT. (If that's how things shake out)
Seems like the easiest path to the conference final.
This league never ceases to leave you shaking your head at how they operate.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015

You are right but even then, I'm still sure that Boston would rather have Tampa eliminated, rather than the Leafs. Even though the Leafs had such a great record-breaking season, the Leafs just don't seem to be a playoff threat yet (especially after last year), hopefully that will change this time around.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
it is it wrong that I'd be OK with dropping this one? it doesn't matter our spot is locked in, the only thing that is not locked in is playoff oppoent.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Need to give the big guns a rest. Marner getting 100 points should be irrelevant at this point. All the focus of this group should be laser beam focused on the playoffs now.

Would love to beat Boston though to put the icing on the cake of this season. That never gets old.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Need to give the big guns a rest. Marner getting 100 points should be irrelevant at this point. All the focus of this group should be laser beam focused on the playoffs now.

Would love to beat Boston though to put the icing on the cake of this season. That never gets old.
I'd be surprised if Marner plays. If by chance he does, they better not have him blocking shots on the PK.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior

It may not be irrelevant to Mitch, and beating Boston gets a little less difficult with him in the line-up.

I'd really hate seeing one of the big dogs hurt in a game like this, but Mitch deserves a shot at making the 100 mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad