GDT: Game #82 Boston at Toronto - Apr 29th 7pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Last game of the season - wondering what our roster will look like? The game is basically pointless to us so no point in risking an injury, but there is a small chance it means something to Boston (not likely).

I can't see Campbell playing, also can't see Matthews playing. Obviously no Bunting. Any thoughts on who else will sit out?

Probably decent ice time for lines 3 and 4 as well.

thinkblue

Oct 6, 2020
Last game of the season - wondering what our roster will look like? The game is basically pointless to us so no point in risking an injury, but there is a small chance it means something to Boston (not likely).

I can't see Campbell playing, also can't see Matthews playing. Obviously no Bunting. Any thoughts on who else will sit out?

Probably decent ice time for lines 3 and 4 as well.

I can see Gio, Rielly or Brodie sitting for Sandin and Holl.

Reactions: Jojalu

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Keefe said Sandin is unlikely to play.

I assume they will sit out a couple players but they can't just not play the game. It's still a rival match up that could be a good boost to confidence.

Reactions: Rocker13

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think you do what’s best to rest guys who have minor things, but also consider the guys who want to stay in the line up and keep sharp.

They’ve just played 9 games in 14 days. Would going an entire week without playing be good or bad? I’m not sure.

Reactions: Rocker13 and Jojalu

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Meaningless game for our Buds .. heard Gio is being rested for sure but also heard Sandin was playing for him .. Muzzy needs reps for his conditioning and he plays with Brodie for playoffs so expect brodie to play with him .. Rielly may end up with da flu as team does not want Bruins running him and Holl suits up for him

Kase likely plays to see what he can do .. if he has any troubles he will get shut down early in game and then go 11 forwards rest of game

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Have some fun with this one:

Nylander-Kerfoot-Marner
Engvall-Kampf-Mikheyev
Robertson-Abruzzese-Anderson
Clifford-Blackwell-Simmonds

Give JT, Matthews, and Spezza a rest.

Reactions: HolyCrap

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Id sit Rielly and Gio if Sandin is good to go. I'd give Mikheyev and Engvall a game off to heal up. They've been warriors. Oh and just for fun 33 million dollar line game.

Tavares Matthews Marner
Robertson Kerfoot Nylander
Abruzzese Kampf Blackwell
Clifford Spezza Simmonds

Sandin Lyubushkin
Muzzin Brodie
Holl Liljegren

Kallgren

Reactions: SprDaVE

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Id sit Rielly and Gio if Sandin is good to go. I'd give Mikheyev and Engvall a game off to heal up. They've been warriors. Oh and just for fun 33 million dollar line game.

Tavares Matthews Marner
Robertson Kerfoot Nylander
Abruzzese Kampf Blackwell
Clifford Spezza Simmonds

Sandin Lyubushkin
Muzzin Brodie
Holl Liljegren

Kallgren

More or less what I would do as well. Kampf is someone I'd sit too if possible if the Leafs have call-ups left.

Rielly definitely could use the breather. I'd give Brodie the night off over Gio but Gio is a good one.

Sandin isn't playing.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
This should be the most boring, half-assed game of the season. No one block a shot or throw hits

Fly-bys all game long. Look to Willy for guidance :sarcasm::sarcasm:
Most of his fly by is when he knows he has support behind him. Then gets in position to take his point man instead. > 50% of players in NHL waste energy stupidly. Nylander is not one of them. If he sees a real opportunity to steal the puck he takes it 100% of the time and wins it close to 100% of the time because he has the strength to do so.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Most of his fly by is when he knows he has support behind him. Then gets in position to take his point man instead. > 50% of players in NHL waste energy stupidly. Nylander is not one of them. If he sees a real opportunity to steal the puck he takes it 100% of the time and wins it close to 100% of the time because he has the strength to do so.
I wasn't being serious about Willy, that's why I had the sarcasm emoji

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Have some fun with this one:

Nylander-Kerfoot-Marner
Engvall-Kampf-Mikheyev
Robertson-Abruzzese-Anderson
Clifford-Blackwell-Simmonds

Give JT, Matthews, and Spezza a rest.

I think Anderson is staying with the Marlies for their push. He is likely playing today and tomorrow, so he won't play Friday too.

I think Spezza stays in and then Kase may come in for Nylander. I don't think Spezza is going to be playing every day in the playoffs anyways so it would be a good idea to keep him active.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
More or less what I would do as well. Kampf is someone I'd sit too if possible if the Leafs have call-ups left.

Rielly definitely could use the breather. I'd give Brodie the night off over Gio but Gio is a good one.

Sandin isn't playing.

Just saw that. Oh well. Maybe give Dahlstrom another look?

Reactions: SprDaVE

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We have four guys who have played 81 games... I think all four probably want to play this one to check off the 'full-season-played' box.

Brody, Rielly, Kerfoot, Kampf. Beyond that I think some guys should be given first right of refusal to play. Start with the usual suspects and by the time you get to the end of the line your roster for that game will have worked itself out. Applies to Campbell too, if he wants the game let him have it.

Even with that, I expect in-game-time-management to play a part as well. 15 minutes per line or as close as you can get, roll all four, no hits and get the hell outta there intact.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
little-giants-bubble-boy.gif

This is how i want the boys to dress for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad