GDT: Game 82 across the board Damn you Buffalo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
ysyIku.jpg
:laugh: Love the wheelchair.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Could be two all Canadian matchups in the 1st round depending what happens tonight. Montreal/Ottawa and Vancouver/Calgary.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
And he spent to the cap doing it.:laugh:

Yep, it's pretty amazing isn't it?

As someone who was predicting disaster if he became GM months before he was even hired, even I'm shocked at how much of a spectacular flaming wreck he's been.

Couple more years of this, and Mact's name will replace Milbury as the go to comparison around the NHL when attempting to describe abject failure in the GM position.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
btw

THe GDT is organic today and will be an ongoing growing thing--the OP will change as more information comes in and when I see more stuff to ste.... advance the GDT

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yep, it's pretty amazing isn't it?

As someone who was predicting disaster if he became GM months before he was even hired, even I'm shocked at how much of a spectacular flaming wreck he's been.

Couple more years of this, and Mact's name will replace Milbury as the go to comparison around the NHL when attempting to describe abject failure in the GM position.
As bad as he is, and I've been on the he's a disaster train as long as you have, I think he's safe from being perceived as a contender for Milbury's crown. Mactavish was fortunate enough to get away from this organization long enough for others to share the blame. Lowe, on the other hand, was too smart and arrogant to leave when he should have and he's the guy this will be associated with the most. He's already passed Milbury on the incompetence scale and now outsiders around the league are starting to notice.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Nice job on the GDT JTS.

Interesting that I was contemplating using the flight of the Valkyries in one of my recent GDT's.

So I see the Flyers took care of business for the Penguins....I mean Sens... Good to see. :)

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
If the Sens keep their current spot, they'd be playing the Lightning

If Detroit gets a point and Montreal gets a point or the Lightning lose to the Bruins they will get the Habs though. I don't think Montreal wants that matchup.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Detroit gets a point and Montreal gets a point or the Lightning lose to the Bruins they will get the Habs though. I don't think Montreal wants that matchup.

Neither wants that matchup. They'll want the Pens or Bruins

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
With the Flames loss, our game against Vancouver is officially meaningless for both teams.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
As bad as he is, and I've been on the he's a disaster train as long as you have, I think he's safe from being perceived as a contender for Milbury's crown. Mactavish was fortunate enough to get away from this organization long enough for others to share the blame. Lowe, on the other hand, was too smart and arrogant to leave when he should have and he's the guy this will be associated with the most. He's already passed Milbury on the incompetence scale and now outsiders around the league are starting to notice.

Sports media has as short a memory as fans do, and Milbury is already becoming a fading memory to a new generation of fans/reporters. It won't take much to set a new standard.

It's also how more time will give Mactavish leeway to do to separate himself as legendarily bad in hockey circles as well. The Oilers have been spectacularly bad to this point under him, and we're all gonna hate what's going to happen when someone of Mact's ego and arrogance gets backed into a corner and starts making panic moves in an attempt to justify his own job and status.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Central division has 4 100-point teams and the Jets with 99.

Meanwhile, the Pacific could have 2 100 point teams...

What a pathetic division this is.

stevrock

Jun 9, 2013

The sens have lit of price like nobody else has this year.

I too think the habs would prefer to play somebody else.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Nice job on the GDT JTS.

Interesting that I was contemplating using the flight of the Valkyries in one of my recent GDT's.

So I see the Flyers took care of business for the Penguins....I mean Sens... Good to see. :)

I had a different one in mind--but because I am adding stuff I am saving the original GDT for something else

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Sports media has as short a memory as fans do, and Milbury is already becoming a fading memory to a new generation of fans/reporters. It won't take much to set a new standard.

It's also how more time will give Mactavish leeway to do to separate himself as legendarily bad in hockey circles as well. The Oilers have been spectacularly bad to this point under him, and we're all gonna hate what's going to happen when someone of Mact's ego and arrogance gets backed into a corner and starts making panic moves in an attempt to justify his own job and status.
Milbury made his bones by trading away kids who were struggling for nothing and then watching those kids prosper elsewhere. There were numerous bad trades made in a relatively short time frame. I actually predicted in 2010 that the same thing would eventually happen to this organization because they had been so awful at identifying and developing talent. It shouldn't be any kind of a surprise to anyone that this is exactly where they are now considering they have the same people in the organization.

You may be right that Mactavish ends up surpassing Milbury. I still think Lowe ends up being the guy people ultimately remember for this. What may end up saving Mactavish from being the absolute worst GM in history is the horrific job the scouting department has done over the years and continues to do so taday. We just don't have as many talented players for him to squander as Milbury had. Oiler positives, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad