GDT: Game 82 across the board Damn you Buffalo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Great day for hockey. This end of the year playoff push has been one of the best in recent memory with tons of new and exciting teams in the playoffs.

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton
I don't usually hope for a loss, but I am hoping that we lose in regulation just so this management can lay claim to the embarrassment of putting together all time worst Edmonton Oilers team statistically.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Even if nelson was coach for the entire year, oilers would scale to something like 70pts, still a very embarrassing team/season.

I kind of like seeing calgary/dubnyk get into the playoffs and have success because it's kind of a slap in the face to this organization.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I kind of like seeing calgary/dubnyk get into the playoffs and have success because it's kind of a slap in the face to this organization.

That's because it is.

Though I feel neither of those successes are likely to repeat on the same scale.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Even if the Pens make the playoffs, what are they going to do? Their D core is decimated. They will be up against the top eastern teams. It looks like Malkin is playing injured. If the stars align and they miss the playoffs the pick is 14th overall. If they make the playoffs it's 15-17th overall.

I know everyone loves joking around that we could win McDavid with that pick, but that's like 1% chance.

Its more about picking a little higher. A PIT loss tonight would guarantee 14th overall pick aside from the 1% chance at lotto. first round exit would take it down to 16th as lowest. If they get past the first round and its 22nd overall at best.

Having said that there is no way BUF is winning tonight... A loss guarantees them McEichel. BUF GM would banish the player to minors for life who scores the game winner for them tonight.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Its more about picking a little higher. A PIT loss tonight would guarantee 14th overall pick aside from the 1% chance at lotto. first round exit would take it down to 16th as lowest. If they get past the first round and its 22nd overall at best.

Having said that there is no way BUF is winning tonight... A loss guarantees them McEichel. BUF GM would banish the player to minors for life who scores the game winner for them tonight.

They alreay have McEichel. No reason they won't give it their all and try and bump out Pittsburgh.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Are you sure about that? If BUF wins they tie Arizona. And since it's based on games won without shootout wins, Arizona is still ahead of them.

DipsyMcDoodles

Apr 6, 2014
Edmonton
Watching the Ottawa game on CSN in the states, "The Edmonton Oilers are a foregone conclusion not to make the playoffs every year, sorry but it's true".

It is true... :cry:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Are you sure about that? If BUF wins they tie Arizona. And since it's based on games won without shootout wins, Arizona is still ahead of them.

This is correct. Buffalo is guaranteed either McDavid or Eichel.

80% chance it's Eichel.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Watching the Ottawa game on CSN in the states, "The Edmonton Oilers are a foregone conclusion not to make the playoffs every year, sorry but it's true".

It is true... :cry:

Even in the worst cases, these things are inevitably cyclical.

If they weren't, the Flyers wouldn't be missing and the Senators wouldn't be making it.

The Imp

5-14-6-1
Jul 8, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
But there is a chance...And it would be the funniest thing to happen in the NHL in the history of things to happen. Imagine if we ended up with both McDavid and Hanafin? I don't think even Kevin Lowe could **** that up

giphy.gif

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
My guess is Fasth. I hope so anyways.
It wouldn't make any sense to start Fasth.

His contract is up. He hasn't shown anything to make a rational guy think he's worth resigning. Why play him unless the organization thinks he can show enough in a meaningless game to prove he deserves another contract? I guess I have my answer right there. Watch Fasth play well tonight and Mactavish check another box on his list. I hate this organization.:shakehead

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Great day for hockey. This end of the year playoff push has been one of the best in recent memory with tons of new and exciting teams in the playoffs.

Been the best since... well, no one can really remember since when. Oilers aside its been a crazy season.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Good God, Bennett steals the puck and sets up a goal on his first NHL shift. Can this season get any worse?

Last edited:

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

They already clinched last... so they are playing for pride.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I never want to listen to a Flames broadcast ever again.\

At the very least Jahnny Hackey's Calder trophy aspirations are in serious doubt.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Good God, Bennett steals the puck and sets up a goal on his first NHL shift. Can this season get any worse?

I like Draisaitl.. But I'm pretty certain we should have snagged Bennett.

Draisaitl looks too lackadaisical for my taste. This team has zero jam.

Not to turn this into a Draisaitl/Bennett thread.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I like Draisaitl.. But I'm pretty certain we should have snagged Bennett.

Draisaitl looks too lackadaisical for my taste. This team has zero jam.

Not to turn this into a Draisaitl/Bennett thread.

I agree. This team needs more fire, Bennett has captain like qualities with the game to back it up with.

I wasn't a huge fan of the pick then, and I don't like it much better now. Leon will be a good player, but I think we actually need a player like Sam more.

The only solace I can take from this year is Calgary has a 0% chance at McDavid, who grew up best friends with Bennett.

Can you imagine a core of McDavid-Monahan-Bennett-Gaudreau? Ugh .... I'd have to quit hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad