GDT: Game 81: Caps @ Isles | 4/28/22 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Granted i tend toward the doom & gloom, but as soon as Ovie hit the boards and crumpled vs. TOR, i thought, ‘ Whoops. There goes the slim chance we had of doing anything this year in the playoffs.’

The subsequent two ‘efforts’ v. Isles suggest Caps players feel same way.

Put a fork in 19, he’s done. I’m very sad to say that, but he’s a liability rIght now. And Eller is just useless

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Caps can do nice in the offseason with guys like Schultz leaving and gain cap space. Wish Varly was healthy for us when he played.

Reactions: troyerlaw

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I've never seen a team so determined to half-ass it into the POs. Apparently no interest in playing the Rags. Lavi should of called up all the youngins and rested these old farts after Ovi got hurt.
And the absurd thing is that the smart teams ARE resting their star players. Rags have been and the Panthers rested about 6 or 7 of their guys tonight.

Playing the old guys right up until game 82 would make sense if you were trying to get into that number 3 playoff spot, but there is no indication this team is fighting to do that. Embarrassing performance and tiring them out for no reason at all.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I guess there's maybe some logic to going big or going home in Round 1. It probably doesn't matter either way and, mostly, I doubt there's actual method at play recently. They just haven't had it. They don't really have much pacing or layering. They're either engaged and feeling it or not with not a whole lot in between. It's too fickle to believe in it clicking against deeper teams. They're just not that good.

They have some good pieces to build around. The top four is fine. The fourth line is good. Their wingers are individually pretty good. The fits are maybe another question but it's the center position and goaltending that stand out most as being substandard. Hard to overcome those areas when it matters even with the requisite buy-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad