GDT: Game 81: Caps @ Isles | 4/28/22 | 7:00p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeri

Jan 13, 2016
Western Finland
You just look at those lines and players, and it makes you wonder how can they even compete in the playoffs. Praying for a miracle I guess. No Ovi today, that's a positive. Let him rest until first game. He will have a monumental task of carrying this team soon.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
You just look at those lines and players, and it makes you wonder how can they even compete in the playoffs. Praying for a miracle I guess. No Ovi today, that's a positive. Let him rest until first game. He will have a monumental task of carrying this team soon.
They have something like the third best points percentage in the league the last two months so the doom and gloom is a bit over the top. They have the players to compete, goaltending notwithstanding; I just don’t like how they’re constructed in those lines and I don’t get why we’d make significant changes with two games left in the regular season when they’ve been on a roll.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
There is nothing special about the way the rangers play. We should be able to limit them if our team D is as good as it's been recently. I just don't know if we would be able to figure out Shesterkin. I could see this series going 7 games. Panthers will destroy us. We have no chance against them with our goalies.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
There is nothing special about the way the rangers play. We should be able to limit them if our team D is as good as it's been recently. I just don't know if we would be able to figure out Shesterkin. I could see this series going 7 games. Panthers will destroy us. We have no chance against them with our goalies.
Yea, I mean nothing matters if we can’t figure out Shesterkin. We’re not especially good at executng passing plays to get guys open nets, or rebounds around the crease - instead, we rely on great shooting on low percentage shots from Ovi, Carlson, Mantha, Kuzy.

OTOH nothing matters if FL hangs 6 on us every game. I think Rangers would be a slow painful death, whereas FL might put us out of our misery quickly, hehe.

Anyways, I don’t mean to be a doom and gloomer. Anything can happen. Let’s hope they give a good effort tonight and at least give themselves a chance to take 3rd.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Yea, I mean nothing matters if we can’t figure out Shesterkin. We’re not especially good at executng passing plays to get guys open nets, or rebounds around the crease - instead, we rely on great shooting on low percentage shots from Ovi, Carlson, Mantha, Kuzy.

OTOH nothing matters if FL hangs 6 on us every game. I think Rangers would be a slow painful death, whereas FL might put us out of misery fast and clean, hehe.

Anyways, I don’t mean to be a doom and gloomer. Anything can happen. Let’s hope they give a good effort tonight and at least give themselves a chance to take 3rd.
You aren’t a doomer and gloomler for being realistic. Hold your head up high and speak that truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad