Post-Game Talk: Game 81 | Avs@Sharks | The Field is Lost....

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
I agree. If you aren't going all in on a night like tonight with such a meaningful game you shouldn't force certain players to put extra effort in. At the very least start your backup instead of your 3rd string who doesn't even back up regular games. Not hating on Berra,, just think the situation was mishandled.

sometimes a backup (or back up's backup) is going to/has to steal a game for you ..... tonight just wasn't that night (at least for us that is)

some of us (including myself) never wanted to see Jiggy in net again after the Montreal game

Roy clearly thought resting our starter was more important than anything else tonight

Last edited:

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Hope Barrie's alright.

If not maybe its Stef Elliott time? Hes the most like for like replacement. Sarich is hurt too right?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Altitude had better hope none of the National Networks ever notice Raycroft. Dude is so awesome, losing him would be devastating.

Definitely. The thing that makes him so fun to watch though is how fired up he gets for the home team, and that wouldn't translate to national coverage.

He's great at breaking down plays though, he'd easily be better than anyone they have already. He'd be like Roenick but smart, and can actually talk.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Both Rycroft and Engblom is solid, lucky to have both.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Really? If the Ducks win tomorrow and the Blues lose on Sunday, there's no reason for Varly to play in that game.
I guess the reasoning at that point is you don't want Varly having a week of inactivity before the playoffs start. That's what McNab said after the game, at least.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I guess the reasoning at that point is you don't want Varly having a week of inactivity before the playoffs start. That's what McNab said after the game, at least.

I guess but these injuries are starting to pile up. I'd rather he go in on Thursday after a week off than him possibly getting hurt on Sunday.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
There's no need for all of the stupid "enjoy your 1st round exit Sharks" crap. Come on guys, we're better than that, aren't we?

Yah its pretty dumb to say especially with our playoff record the last 4 yrs. Theres no need for that crap. We prolly dont make it out the first round ourselves based on all the bodies that are piling up.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Only saw parts of this one and don't feel like watching the replay so a few questions. How did PA look? How did Jiggy look? Did Barrie finish the period after getting hit, it looks so on the boxscore.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Only saw parts of this one and don't feel like watching the replay so a few questions. How did PA look? How did Jiggy look? Did Barrie finish the period after getting hit, it looks so on the boxscore.

We actually didnt look as bad as the score would suggest. Had we been able to bury our chances we prolly get atleast a point tonight. PAP had the tieing goal on his stick, EJ got stonned twice, Lando had a chance in the slot. We didnt get dominated like someo n the Shark boards would suggest. Not even close to it.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Varly is getting injured Sunday, calling it now.

Perry is going to run him or something stupid.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I thought Parenteau looked really good for a guy who's been on the shelf for a while. Played some really aggressive hockey and for a while seemed like the only Av forechecker really willing to take it to SJ. Also had a great breakaway chance after getting out of the penalty box, but didn't score.

Jiggy looked fantastic in relief. Could not be blamed at all for the goals he let in.

The only Av (other than Berra) who looked atrocious IMO was Hejda. Bumbled with the puck all night long, committed costly turnovers, and let just about everyone walk right past him. Not Stastny's best game IMO but he's set a pretty high bar for himself this year.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Curious to see what happens with Berra. He sucks. Think we are going to end up on the wrong side of that deal.

Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up getting beat out for the backup position tbh. Waste of a 2nd.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Curious to see what happens with Berra. He sucks. Think we are going to end up on the wrong side of that deal.

Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up getting beat out for the backup position tbh. Waste of a 2nd.

He won't get beat out next year at the very least. Aittokallio is really the only guy who could beat him out, and he'll get the starting job in Cleveland rather than sit on the bench as a backup.

My one and only fear going into next year is if something happens to Varly, it'll be exactly what happened with Nashville having to rely on Carter Hutton when Rinne was essentially lost for the year. But we're a long ways from next year. I'm not overly concerned with it.

We need to give Allaire the benefit of the doubt, but holy **** has he got his work cut out for him...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad