Post-Game Talk: Game 81 | Avs@Sharks | The Field is Lost....

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Berra was unBerrable. I fail to see what the Avs saw when they traded for him. I trust the front office,
Pracey, and Allaire. But holy **** he has **** the bed every time he has played for with us.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
He won't get beat out next year at the very least. Aittokallio is really the only guy who could beat him out, and he'll get the starting job in Cleveland rather than sit on the bench as a backup.

My one and only fear going into next year is if something happens to Varly, it'll be exactly what happened with Nashville having to rely on Carter Hutton when Rinne was essentially lost for the year. But we're a long ways from next year. I'm not overly concerned with it.

We need to give Allaire the benefit of the doubt, but holy **** has he got his work cut out for him...

Understatement of the decade. Guy is brutal. :laugh:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Really hoping Allaire has a good amount of free time this summer...Berra looked horrible on the 5 shots he faced...even an aging Giguere seems like a better option for next year...hope the FO knows what they're doing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Really hoping Allaire has a good amount of free time this summer...Berra looked horrible on the 5 shots he faced...even an aging Giguere seems like a better option for next year...hope the FO knows what they're doing.

Well, he did make that nice glove snag.

clouds-silver-lining.jpg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sucks that we lost this game, but we still control our own destiny in the Central.

A win on Sunday, and we win the Central divison.... Yes, that is true. No, this is not real life.

Even a Blues loss in regulation in the afternoon before us and we win the division.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Berra was unBerrable. I fail to see what the Avs saw when they traded for him. I trust the front office,
Pracey, and Allaire. But holy **** he has **** the bed every time he has played for with us.

Aren't we overreacting a little bit here?

He's played exactly 70 minutes of hockey in an Avalanche uniform, that's 1 game and 10 minutes.

ChrisNI

Sep 29, 2008
Orillia
It's so depressing reading GDT threads, there's several people who are just so pessimistic all the time!

even when we are winning they just complain about how awful the team is!

Unless Nhl.com is wrong it looks like we're tied 1st in the Central and 1 point back from 1st in the west AFTER coming last in the west and 29th out 30 teams last year!!

That's an amazing turn around!!

I would have been happy with this team getting a wild card spot for an improvement but to be where they are is unbelievable!

I guess you can't please everybody though!

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
It's so depressing reading GDT threads, there's several people who are just so pessimistic all the time!

even when we are winning they just complain about how awful the team is!

Unless Nhl.com is wrong it looks like we're tied 1st in the Central and 1 point back from 1st in the west AFTER coming last in the west and 29th out 30 teams last year!!

That's an amazing turn around!!

I would have been happy with this team getting a wild card spot for an improvement but to be where they are is unbelievable!

I guess you can't please everybody though!

+100

I used to enjoy the GDTs a bit when the team was awful and everyone kept spirits light by laughing our way through it. The Calgary-Colorado GDT swap was the best during that time.

This year though, no matter what good is happening, it's Holden this, Mitchell that, etc. Now I just check in post game so I can see who the whipping boy is for the night.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Ducks should ease up on us Sunday knowing that one of the Blues Hawks could be gone by the second round.

PepsiCenterMagic

Food is Great
Jul 17, 2013
+100

I used to enjoy the GDTs a bit when the team was awful and everyone kept spirits light by laughing our way through it. The Calgary-Colorado GDT swap was the best during that time.

This year though, no matter what good is happening, it's Holden this, Mitchell that, etc. Now I just check in post game so I can see who the whipping boy is for the night.

I think viewing ourselves as the happy underdogs is what got us here. You are right, everyone needs to keep the perspective, so long as they want to enjoy what is happening.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
The Berra trade looks bad but I'm willing to wait until next season before passing a verdict... things still look 90% bright and sunny for the Avs short term and long term so I'm not inclined to harp on it. Someone in the organization is obviously very high on him, and that person probably knows goalies better than you or I.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Got to say, I was mostly pissed to see Havlat get the trick last night. The score sucked, sure. But the hats on the ice pissed me off soo much.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Ducks should ease up on us Sunday knowing that one of the Blues Hawks could be gone by the second round.

One of them will be gone by the conference finals too, when it matters for the Ducks.

This will be Selanne's last regulation season game, but it will also be the end of a b2b and potentially a chance to rest some players. Will be curious to see how it plays out.

Especially who the Avs play in net. I'm betting it is Giggy.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

Hopefully they'll beat Kings today, so it's a meaningless back-to-back game for them on Sunday. Rest everyone. Boudreau as a rover.

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Especially who the Avs play in net. I'm betting it is Giggy.

If the game was insignificant in the standings, I'd love to see Giggy play his final game (if that's his final game) in Anaheim. The only scenario the game would be insignificant is if Anaheim wins (or loses in OT/SO) against the Kings today (clinching the #1 seed for them) and St. Louis loses in regulation against Detroit during their early game Sunday, clinching the Central for the Avs before the game with Anaheim. All other scenarios the Avs would need a win to get themselves the best position, and Roy already said if they need the win, Varly will start.

Last edited:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Elliott's been recalled, so let's see if Roy actually plays him.

**** off.

I hope he can step up and I hope he does well but I hate playing the Sharks. Mueller, Landeskog, now Barrie. Then even when they're not playing physical we're still cursed against them (Dutchy injury).

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I wasn't able to watch the game can someone explain to me what happened to Barrie? I also read earlier that Landy was hurt as well. Is he ok?

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I wasn't able to watch the game can someone explain to me what happened to Barrie? I also read earlier that Landy was hurt as well. Is he ok?

I'm still not sure what happened to Landy. He went in the corner and tried to check someone, but he got the worst end of the deal somehow. Ended up laying on the ice. He came back fairly soon, though, so I don't think it was too serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad