GDT: Game #80 | St. Louis Blues vs. Winnipeg Jets | 7PM CST | FSMW & Y98

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
It looked like a slash to me....weak , but still a slash.

clean stick lift and if a world class athlete loses his stick as easy as that, he deserves to have a goal go against him.

joke of a call and it was the difference

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Had to step away from the computer for a little bit. This game had me red hot but I am happy to see the losses from NSH and CHI making tonight a wash. Now we just need to beat the Hawks at home on Thursday (no easy task) and we will secure home ice and if MIN can beat NSH we could secure the central all together.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
they posted another angle on the main board that makes it obvious that it was a slash. a weak one and Myers should have held on, but a slash nonetheless

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
they posted another angle on the main board that makes it obvious that it was a slash. a weak one and Myers should have held on, but a slash nonetheless

Yep. I'm not afraid to admit when I'm "wrong." In this case, I'd prefer the term ignorant.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
clean stick lift and if a world class athlete loses his stick as easy as that, he deserves to have a goal go against him.

joke of a call and it was the difference

It was a slash, not a stick lift.

I agree though if that knocks your stick out of your hand then that's what you get.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
just think of tonight as a blessing in disguise.

does winnipeg scare any of you more than LA? because the jets and flames getting 2pts and the Kings getting 0 puts LA in a hole they may be unable to get out of from.

We deserved atleast 1 point tonight but atleast it looks like LA might be done

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
damn, i thought the brunner video was a spot on comparison... but i guess HFboards is really an openminded place for metaphors...

edit: AND MORE importantly... the blues have the puck the whole time... why does the ref wait until a goal is scored to make the call!?!!!!

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
damn, i thought the brunner video was a spot on comparison... but i guess HFboards is really an openminded place for metaphors...

edit: AND MORE importantly... the blues have the puck the whole time... why does the ref wait until a goal is scored to make the call!?!!!!

thats what me and everyone else at the game wanted to know. we also saw the refs in the first have a delayed penalty on wpg for a trip and then they high sticked a blues player and the other refs arm went straight up. figured atleast 2 penalties but they didnt call the high stick.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
thats what me and everyone else at the game wanted to know. we also saw the refs in the first have a delayed penalty on wpg for a trip and then they high sticked a blues player and the other refs arm went straight up. figured atleast 2 penalties but they didnt call the high stick.

saw that on the tube as well.. the trip and then the high stick both on the same guy... resulting in one 2-minute penalty.

edit: same guy = #12 winnipeg

occy30

Apr 11, 2012
St. Louis
This game pissed me off to no end but I will say this is exactly how the playoff go. This might be a good game to get the boys into a better playoff mode. Bad calls, bad reffing, goon type hits, slashing, interference, hooking, etc... are what intense playoff games look like. I always worried the Blues are real prone to letting their emotions get the better of them in games like this. A few games that mean little before the real season starts might be just what this team needs to be better prepared for round one.

And honestly, I would love to play then in the playoffs. With our top 2 forwards coming back they will have a hard time winning games if the Blues can keep their heads straight.

Anyway, LGB!!!

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
I didn't get to watch the third, but from watching the video on the no goal I think it was a bad call. Looks like there was definitely downward pressure applied by Stasny but I can't imagine that being "forceful" or "powerful" as intended by the rules. If that's a slash than any stick-on-stick contact could be called a slash if I just drop my stick. Also considering that he's battling for position on a puck that's clearly coming to him imminently makes it in no way against the spirit of the rule.

Lakebum

Apr 2, 2014
So I read in an article today that at the end of the game Shatty was given a 10 min misconduct. Does that mean anything for next game?

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
So I read in an article today that at the end of the game Shatty was given a 10 min misconduct. Does that mean anything for next game?

if they suspend him for applauding the zebras on a fantastic playoff performance they had then you know the league truly does have an agenda.

damaaster

Dec 29, 2009
WINNIPEG
Does anyone happen to have a video or link to the Cross check by backes that you guys are talking about? I had a soccer game last night and had to miss a bit of the game - I didn't see it

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
It's on the main board. Sure you could call it a roughing or cross checking but the notion that it's suspension worth is completely laughable. That crap happens all the time in corner battles, the notion that it's on par with what Buff's hit is insane.

The Reaves hit is also funny...he sidestepped a check and caught him with the Elbow...again, 2min penalty considering Perreault was aggressor.

Jets are in for a rude awaking with playoff hockey when the refs swallow the whistles. I still remeber Polak delivering blatant kidney shots game 1 last year and ref looked on lol

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
It's on the main board. Sure you could call it a roughing or cross checking but the notion that it's suspension worth is completely laughable. That crap happens all the time in corner battles, the notion that it's on par with what Buff's hit is insane.

The Reaves hit is also funny...he sidestepped a check and caught him with the Elbow...again, 2min penalty considering Perreault was aggressor.

Jets are in for a rude awaking with playoff hockey when the refs swallow the whistles. I still remeber Polak delivering blatant kidney shots game 1 last year and ref looked on lol

Haha I remember that, I was screaming "WTF ARE YOU DOING POLAK" as he's just wailing on that guy's kidney.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I love how dirty everyone thinks the Blues are, yet the league NEVER agrees with them. Ever. It's hilarious, the crying after every time the Blues throw a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad