GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Horny with the refs car after the game

sL0wXct.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Okay, after a few shifts, as @ColePens, myself, and others suspected, there's nothing wrong with Malkin that getting him the hell away from Phil and back with one of Horny or Rust wouldn't cure.

Reactions: vodeni

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Take the tape and burn it.
PP's were their only shot in this one.
Change the damn lines.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
This team's struggled with the same issues going back through the entirety of last season. If you thought we were some powerhouse because Sid, Geno, and Phil tore it up for a few weeks to start 2018 that's on you. All they did was mask glaring issues that won't/can't be addressed mid-season.

Ride it out and work this summer. No time to change it now, just hope the big guns carry a seriously flawed team again like last season. Plain and simple, this playoff is on the shoulders of 87, 71, 81 and 30.
Didn’t disagree with you on all points. I’m just talking about the theory that this team is just “easing” into the playoffs, poised to kick on the afterburners once the puck drops in the postseason, doesn’t hold water for me based on what I have seen.

It is structure issues, mental mistakes, inability to capitalize at key times, soft goals given up, etc.

The idea that this stuff goes on for weeks leading into the playoffs, and all the bad habits that can develop along with it, and that they have the ability to just shift into playoff mode at any given time just seems unlikely.

Do I hope they do? Absolutely. But I think that they will get bounced early and JR will have some work to do this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad