GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Didn’t disagree with you on all points. I’m just talking about the theory that this team is just “easing” into the playoffs, poised to kick on the afterburners once the puck drops in the postseason, doesn’t hold water for me based on what I have seen.

It is structure issues, mental mistakes, inability to capitalize at key times, soft goals given up, etc.

The idea that this stuff goes on for weeks leading into the playoffs, and all the bad habits that can develop along with it, and that they have the ability to just shift into playoff mode at any given time just seems unlikely.

Do I hope they do? Absolutely. But I think that they will get bounced early and JR will have some work to do this offseason.
I don't think they're really banking on going from 0-100 either. I just think they've been there enough to know that once this team clinches a spot, every ounce of energy and rest they can get helps during the playoff push. This team was never as good as their record showed for a month or so after Christmas. The right guys just hit their peak and overwhelmed the opposition night in and night out. This team needs new, fresh, hungry/desperate players and it's gonna take some reshuffling this offseason by JR to get the right mix.

Am I confident in our chances to threepeat? Abso-f***ing-lutely not. But we've seen the big guns overwhelm teams before, and we've seen enough from Sid, Geno, Phil and Murray to give them the benefit of the doubt.

We'll see. I'm with you though, they've had more than enough time to sort things out, they just either didn't have the time, energy, or didn't care enough to. It's not really any more complicated than guys simply not wanting to do the hard work and little stuff to win games; chase loose pucks, keep their feet moving, close gaps, win board battles. This team's playing like they're checked out, and has been for a long time. Don't know if it's fatigue or complacency, but JR can address both issues with moves, and he should.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Caps laughing their way into the playoffs.

They got exactly what they wanted out of this game, the division and the Pens losing their minds.

2012 again.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Caps laughing their way into the playoffs.

They got exactly what they wanted out of this game, the division and the Pens losing their minds.

2012 again.
I trust Sullivan enough not to see 2012 again. But at this point a little piss and vinegar are good. Might wake them out of this mini slumber

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Malkin would pummel everyone on the Caps. Really dumb to make Malkin angry. I can only pray for the Blue Jackets next game. Malkin is getting 5 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad