GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Its coming at him before he even knows it was shot..

Some of you guys need to try playing nets sometime. That's impossible to save unless he's 4 feet out of his crease.

If he’s watching the stick of the shooter it’s not impossible. That was the only danger on the play. It’s not a brick wall in front of him. He still has some vision and part of being a goalie is anticipating. He was nowhere near the puck.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Its coming at him before he even knows it was shot..

Some of you guys need to try playing nets sometime. That's impossible to save unless he's 4 feet out of his crease.
Shouldn't have been so deep in his net. If he makes himself bigger, that shot just hits his body. It was shot from just inside the blueline.

Reactions: Tom Hanks and KIRK

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
If he’s watching the stick of the shooter it’s not impossible. That was the only danger on the play. It’s not a brick wall in front of him. He still has some vision and part of being a goalie is anticipating. He was nowhere near the puck.

I think I'd like to believe he'd be watching the stick of the shooter if he could see it. But that's just me.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
With the firepower that this team has they should be able to overcome shaky goaltending at times but they have these games far too often when they can’t get anything to go.

Wide open nets are missed wide. Easy tap ins are flubbed. Posts are hit. Juicy rebounds aren’t found.

In 2018 we score 3+ goals 82% of the time. We’ve been shut out twice all season. Your story doesn’t check out

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Just a friendly reminder, people: pro sports have nothing to do with your actual lives. People are WAY too doomy and gloomy about a damn hockey team.

Come on guys. This ain't real life.

I made a post with a similar sentiment last night and someone said the post was a waste of space and that I was being pretentious. lol

Many of us do seem pretty miserable watching them, it's unfortunate.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
Murray is just not comfortable right now. Grubauer looks like how Murray usually did. Calm..stays in position. Never seen Murray slide so much and out of position during his whole time with us...than what we've seen since he returned. 100% mental.

Question is how do you fix it? The team defense wont be getting much better to give him a stretch of games allowing him to get into a groove with a few 1 goal games..even shutout. Not happening. Last playoffs our goalies were stealing games and our stars went down and scored.

If they only had an experienced back up who could kind of mentor Murray through this rough spot

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Shouldn't have been so deep in his net. If he makes himself bigger, that shot just hits his body. It was shot from just inside the blueline.
Been a staple for beating Pens’ goalies for years now.

Meanwhile, the Pens can barely get a shot though when they shoot from the blue line.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You know, it MIGHT behoove Sully to reunite HGH for this period.

EDIT: @PensandCaps, HGR also is an option, but it won't happen, even though Jake-Sid-Rust isn't doing much to challenge and Horny with Sid might be interesting . . .

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I can figure most people out within seconds, but this place truly baffles me.

Either you want to live in constant misery to the point where you look for stuff to be miserable about, or you don't have a clue about what you're watching.

I know most parents raise their kids teaching them that an opinion can't be wrong, but they're idiots.

Reactions: KIRK

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Malkin was bound to slow down after that ridiculous stretch. He will be fine in the playoffs.

Only ones to worry about is Kessel(injury) and Murray ( confidence).

Our D is what it is. We just had our goalies covering up every mistake, keeping us in every game until our stars started scoring. We were outplayed in plenty of the playoff games last year. But with goalie play, and our stars scoring...nothing else mattered.

So the only two concerns people should have right now are Murray and Kessel. Expecting improvement in other areas is unrealistic at this point.

This isnt the 2016 team. Too much turnover with the roster. Next year it could be tho.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
In 2018 we score 3+ goals 82% of the time. We’ve been shut out twice all season. Your story doesn’t check out
I’m not talking about being shut out so to speak, I’m talking about needing goals and not capitalizing.

And then everyone says “well, they DOMINATED zone time and had some great chances but just didn’t have any luck. If we play this team 10 times, we beat them 9.”

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Either you want to live in constant misery to the point where you look for stuff to be miserable about, or you don't have a clue about what you're watching.

I know most parents raise their kids teaching them that an opinion can't be wrong, but they're idiots.

FYI, some of us, like @Jaded-Fan and me, are fake curmudgeons. :thumbu:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t know maybe Murray is finding his focus isn’t quite as strong given he suffered a concussion and his dad dying.

Wild guess, I dunno.

He is still keeping us in most games despite being hung out to dry by every single player in front of him outside Hagelin and maybe Rust.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012

Top of the circles, but anyway..

He was two feet on top of the crease with other opposition coming down the wings. He'd be foolish to travel any further out than that. Maatta's gap control was brutal, the shot did not come by his feet where he Murray would see it. It was about 3 or 4 feet infront of Maatta so Murray couldn't see the release..

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017

I know, right?

We’re watching a team firing on all cylinders, heading into the playoffs.

Defensive structure is spot on. PP is on fire. Goaltending is a brick wall...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
You know, it MIGHT behoove Sully to reunite HGH for this period.

EDIT: @PensandCaps, HGR also is an option, but it won't happen, even though Jake-Sid-Rust isn't doing much to challenge and Horny with Sid might be interesting . . .

Was thinking to just go Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist. Makes the most sense....put Rust with Malkin.
..reunite Guentzel-Sheahan-Kessel

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad