GDT: Game 80: Avs @ Kings: 4/2 8:30pm MT

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Actually Avs still control their destiny. Win both games remaining, maybe they would have to win the last game in regulation maybe not, just win 2 games in a row.

Even if Avs lose to Sharks, there is a good chance Blues will win one and lose one to the Hawks because Blues haven't been playing good hockey lately, and Avs can still make it by beating the Blues.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Lol everyone looking forward to that STL game like San Jose is a gimme. It wont come down to the final game if the Sharks beat us and its never an easy win in that arena for the Avs in any era.

If depends on the two Blues/Hawks games before they play the Avs. If the Blues win both, the Avs have to beat the Sharks (doesn't matter if it's regulation or not), and they have to beat the Blues in regulation.

If the Blues get three points against the Hawks, the Avs can lose to the Sharks, and they'll have to beat the Blues in regulation.

If the Blues get two, one, or zero points in the two Hawks games, the Avs can lose to the Sharks, and beat the Blues in OT/SO.

Edit: corrected first scenario to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Pwnerer

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I actually thought the Avs played really well last night. Girard and Nemeth were awesome again. As were that Jost/Ghetto/Kerfoot line. Ghetto is such a good hockey player. I took a lot of heat every time I rambled on about how big of a loss he was from the lineup but he's showing his importance.
Girard was awesome. Nemeth, not so much. Girard’s WOWY with Nemeth is night and day from that game.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If depends on the two Blues/Hawks games before they play the Avs. If the Blues win both, the Avs have to get at least one point against the Sharks, and they have to beat the Blues in regulation, and they'll win the tie breaker.

If the Blues get three points against the Hawks, the Avs can lose to the Sharks, and they'll have to beat the Blues in regulation.

If the Blues get two, one, or zero points in the two Hawks games, the Avs can lose to the Sharks, and beat the Blues in OT/SO.

In the first scenario wouldn't STL have 42 ROW to our 41 with both teams ending at 96 points?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yes you're correct, my mistake. If Blues win both games, the Avs have to get two points from the Sharks.

That would be a rough scenario too, because they'd have to win in regulation. STL could loser point their way ahead of us in the final game of the season. A lot of the scenarios end that way though.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That "2nd" line was clicking well last night, Andrighetto makes such a huge difference. Kerfoot IMO had a very solid game as well, would not have expected him to take and dole out punishment like he did against L.A.'s big roster.

Guess we'll see what happens. Avs are still, surprisingly, in it despite dropping a whole bunch of games and the top line going cold at the worst possible time. Someone send a fruit basket to the Washington Capitals.

I'll say one more time that I'm relatively positive it's gonna come out later that both Rants and MacK are battling that damned flu bug that's been going around the room.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
If depends on the two Blues/Hawks games before they play the Avs. If the Blues win both, the Avs have to beat the Sharks (doesn't matter if it's regulation or not), and they have to beat the Blues in regulation.

Edit: corrected first scenario to avoid confusion.
And if Blues happen, somehow, to lose both Hawks games and we win vs. Sharks, we clinch

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Playing hockey with the flu is brutal. A couple years back my beer league team made the chipper and I was puking out both ends before and after all 3 games. Those were the most physically draining and difficult games of hockey I’ve ever played and I was far from effective or even close to being able to compete like normal

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I actually thought the Avs played really well last night. Girard and Nemeth were awesome again. As were that Jost/Ghetto/Kerfoot line. Ghetto is such a good hockey player. I took a lot of heat every time I rambled on about how big of a loss he was from the lineup but he's showing his importance.
Yeah, I thought so, too. IMO we are LIGHT YEARS ahead of how we played Roy’s last season down stretch so I am a happy camper

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I read the word "pathetic" a lot. For me the only pathetic thing is that half of our posters obviously forgot where we come from and that probably nobody expected us to be even in this race after 80 games.

Yeah we are not looking good atm. Key injuries and a top line getting cold will probably cost us the playoff spot this year. SO WHAT? It happens, and it's not a big thing. We have a lot to look forward to for years to come - that's exciting.

And to those of you who do nothing but complain - please and for the love of god

SHUT THE **** UP

Good night everybody.
Ehhhhh, I see the complainers as ones who have a great deal of passion. All of us here, the complainers and conformists want to make the playoffs so much considering we're this close to it.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Ehhhhh, I see the complainers as ones who have a great deal of passion. All of us here, the complainers and conformists want to make the playoffs so much considering we're this close to it.

Oooh, I like that we fit into two categories... "complainer" or "conformist".

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

7e1417d6b686f1fe434ab952687ea7af30fbe168.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad