Quick
Campbell

*Lineups Subject to Change

GDT Music (NSFW):

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Terrified of this game.

I hope Kopitar and squad had a terrible night of sleep and their entire nervous system is thrown off for tonights game!

JUST WIN.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Gotta at least get a point imo. Getting a point here then beating SJ should set up the play-in game v STL unless a lot of other stuff goes wrong.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs need to win one of these next two against the Kings and Sharks, but losing this one doesn't necessarily mean season over.

Win 1/2 upcoming games and we'll be at 95 points going into the game against the Blues. Blues will have 3 other games left before that game and unless they go 3-0-0 in those 3 games, the final game will decide who gets in.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Gotta hope that the Kings are so overconfident, considering the last time we played them, that they phone it in tonight. And I gotta hope that the Avs are so mad about last night that it lit a fire under them. Desperation time is here.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Eh, not that stressed. To be honest I think, given their struggles on the road AND on the 2nd half of back-to-backs, AND the fact that the Kings have more or less had their number the previous two contests, I think this one's a loss. The top line has been a disaster at even strength, especially in their own zone. I'm guessing MacKinnon and Rantanen are trying (and failing) to power through whatever bug has been going around the room. I'm also convinced Soderberg is still battling it as he's pretty much been invisible since his return. About the only players who seem to be still at or near 100% up front are Jost and Kerfoot, maybe Nieto.

It comes down to this...if they win by some small miracle, I'll be thrilled. If they lose, it just wasn't meant to be. The season is still a fantastic success regardless.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Wilson in for Yak it looks like.

Wish they'd play Siemens over Warsofsky, but what do I know? :dunno:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Avs need to win one of these next two against the Kings and Sharks, but losing this one doesn't necessarily mean season over.

Win 1/2 upcoming games and we'll be at 95 points going into the game against the Blues. Blues will have 3 other games left before that game and unless they go 3-0-0 in those 3 games, the final game will decide who gets in.
That's my fear, though. The Blues, IMO, are going to win at least 2 of these 3 games with a real good shot at winning all 3. Tough to beat the same opponent twice in a row but the Hawks suck and who knows what goalie they'll be using. They get the Caps tonight coming off a back-to-back having just clinched the division, you just know they're primed for a let down game.

It's a scary situation to be in. The Blues have easy street while we have death valley.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How has Alt looked? I’ve experienced the last few games via radio and he sounds horrendous...

Nope, he's been fine. Couple times he tried to force shots/dump-ins through traffic and it turned into a break the other way, but he's been very good as a third pairing guy who can use his size/reach to get the puck and safely skate it out of the zone. I wouldn't expect much offensively out of him but he's been perfectly capable as a #5/6 guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad