Laval Rocket: Game 8 vs. Rochester Americans (Laval Loses 6-5 in OT)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Laval is finding out how weak the competition they had last year really was.

I wouldn't say that, Laval has mostly been the better team aside from that game last Sunday when they got shutout. This series vs rochester, you have 2 good teams playing hard. Laval has been a bit let down by their goalies as both gave up a goal they should of had. Then the offense last game had so many prime chances they shouldn't couldn't score on.

I would think the offense will be fine once they get a PMD which hopefully one is coming next week as perhaps Wideman gets sent down once Edmundson returns as I hope they don't carry 8 D unless Norlinder is coming down for a couple weeks on a conditioning stint.

The defense is the main issue with this team imo, no depth and in bad need of a PMD as Ouellet can't do it all.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You do have to wonder if there's added pressure on the 2 goalies because of McNiven's comments as that has to effect Primeau or so I would think as every time he's in net you have to wonder if he's going to be putting more pressure on himself to justify getting the starts over McNiven.

McNiven on the other hand likely is putting a lot of pressure on himself after calling out the Habs, but it looked like it backfired as he is not having a good game but once they get some more help on D, which should be coming soon, and hopefully the coaching staff can get everyone on track, the team should be fine.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The funny part is that Ylonen could have missed this one. He had that entire net, his shot went to the opposite top corner.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Jack Quinn is taring up the AHL, I had him like 5-6th overall in front of Rossi.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Lucky Sabres, drafting both Quinn and Peterka at 8 and 34th overall is pure robbery!

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Some teams are better than other at the draft table.

Well, to be fair, we got Ylonen early 2nd round, who is a similar prospect to Peterka in term of offensive potential. Both are very good skaters that can make plays at top speed, Peterka is a bit more north south while Ylonen a bit smooter.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Prospects so far this season:

Poehling: 5 pts (2G, 3A) in 4 GP
Ylonen: 5 pts (2G, 3A) in 6 GP
Pezzetta: 6 pts (3G, 3A) in 8 GP
Fairbrother: 4 pts (1G, 3A) in 8 GP
Vejdemo: 4 pts (1G, 3A) in 8 GP
RHP: 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 8 GP

Primeau: 5 GP (3W, 2L) / 2.43 GAA / .910 SV%