Laval Rocket: Game 8 vs. Manitoba Moose (Laval Wins 2-1)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Sometimes I feel like I’m the only Poehling fan left in Montreal. There’s just so much to like about this kid.
He has potential all right, just not top 6 potential in the NHL. People need to scale their expectations down a bit and accept that his potential is more as an efficient 3C type, which can be very useful in itself if he pans out.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think it's time to part ways with Lindgren. There's just nothing to do with him at this point. But there,s plenty to improve for Primeau and even Demchenko and McNiven.

If at that age, the guy still overcommits the way he did a few minutes ago....there's just nothing else to work with.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I think it's time to part ways with Lindgren. There's just nothing to do with him at this point. But there,s plenty to improve for Primeau and even Demchenko and McNiven.

If at that age, the guy still overcommits the way he did a few minutes ago....there's just nothing else to work with.
Probably sure his time will be done when this season ends. They need a goalie if Price/Allen is injured for taxi , probably the only reason why he's still there

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
He has potential all right, just not top 6 potential in the NHL. People need to scale their expectations down a bit and accept that his potential is more as an efficient 3C type, which can be very useful in itself if he pans out.

What remains to be seen is this....is what he can give us bigger than what we could have in return. If so, you keep him. But at one point, the guy will have to go through waivers if he can't solidfy in the NHL. So it's called having a vision as an organziation to know where all this is headed.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I feel he can be a Josh Anderson type player. He has the build, skill and nastiness. Just really like his skill set.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Probably sure his time will be done when this season ends. They need a goalie if Price/Allen is injured for taxi , probably the only reason why he's still there

I guess we will see a McNiven-Lindgren tandem with an up and down all season long....but I hope it's the end after this season. Any chance he's worth a 7th rounder somewhere if we want to move sooner?

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I feel he can be a Josh Anderson type player. He has the build, skill and nastiness. Just really like his skill set.

Toolbox is there. BUt if you never pick any tools from that toolbox.....The guy has to shine more than he's doing at the AHL level. People seem to forget that he's 22 and has played 3 seasons with players older than junior players. For a 1st rounder, that skill set is suppose to make him look better than he does right now.

So let's not give up.....but he has to start showing stuff real soon.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I guess we will see a McNiven-Lindgren tandem with an up and down all season long....but I hope it's the end after this season. Any chance he's worth a 7th rounder somewhere if we want to move sooner?

Buffalo was looking at getting a goalie with Ullmark injured. :naughty:

Reactions: Whitesnake

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor

It was wild that most us were ready to pencil him in as Price's back up a few years ago and he just keeps getting worse and worse

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
Poehling was projected to be a 3c since his draft year. Anyone having different expectations were delusional.

Reactions: 1909

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Toolbox is there. BUt if you never pick any tools from that toolbox.....The guy has to shine more than he's doing at the AHL level. People seem to forget that he's 22 and has played 3 seasons with players older than junior players. For a 1st rounder, that skill set is suppose to make him look better than he does right now.

So let's not give up.....but he has to start showing stuff real soon.
Exactly right. Not all players have the same develop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad