GDT: GAME #8 - "Sweet Coy's Basssss Song" - Canucks @ Sabres - 4:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
How has Kassian looked for u guys this season? I think he'll be a beast in time.

Well, he just got back from his suspension, but he looked decent last game. He's currently looking at the third line with Booth (who he had chemistry with last season) and Schroeder. I would say his board work was nice last game, but his forechecking left some to be desired. Looks good with the puck, less so without it.

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
No Hodgson on the ice this morning in Buffalo.

Matthew Scianitti @TSNScianitti
Kaleta is on the ice for #Sabres morning skate, wearing a full face shield. Cody Hodgson is not #Canucks pic.twitter.com/fY4maE99Vi

That may not be a good thing for the Canucks - he's Buffalo's leading scorer and a minus player right now. Plus/minus may be a crappy stat, but when a team's top scorer is a minus, I call that a bad sign.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Me confused.

He's trying to say that even though Hodgson is their best offensive player right now, he gets scored on a ton which means we could feast on the matchup. I don't agree and think Hodgson out is a good thing since he's one of their best players, regardless of his defensive ability.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
He's trying to say that even though Hodgson is their best offensive player right now, he gets scored on a ton which means we could feast on the matchup. I don't agree and think Hodgson out is a good thing since he's one of their best players, regardless of his defensive ability.

How is that not good for the Canucks though? Especially if he's not on the ice this morning.

Am I just having a completely blonde moment?

Lemurion

Mar 10, 2011
Me confused.

I'd rather give up five goals in a win, than one in a loss. Given the way that Buffalo employs him, I'm not sure whether Cody's offensive prowess outweighs his defensive liabilities.

As a general rule, if the team's top scorer's a minus, the team's a bottom feeder because all the scoring they provide's being offset by their opponents. It's one reason why I'm not sure Buffalo "won" the trade.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hey guys, guess who's reffing...

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff 13m
Daniel Sedin runs into Kelly Sutherland tonight for first time since Game 4 penalty in SJ. #Canucks
Expand

Automatic loss night? Seriously, it's hard to think of another ref who has had it out for the Canucks as much as this clown has.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oh ffs. I'm not going to waste my time even following this game.

It's absolutely stunning the number of terrible, terrible games he has called. Game 6 vs. Chicago, which was so terribly called that it prompted Gillis to sacrifice his wallet in order to address it. Or Game 6 vs. Boston, allowing Daniel Sedin to get dummied by a rookie with a reputation for tomfoolery. Or allowing Daniel Sedin to get elbowed directly in the face and letting the guy who did it finish the game. And of course Game 4 vs. SJ last year, and the two terrible calls on complete dives which allowed the Sharks to both tie and win the game.

Yeesh. The Sedins are too classy to call him out a la Burrows and Auger, but man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia