Aug 5, 2012
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Michalek-Legwand-Lazar
Condra-Smith-Stone

Why can't that be our forward lineup? Just for one game. :(

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Not having Hoffman sucks. He's played well, Condra has not. I understood the best persons played. Hoffman's speed will be missed.

Guys that should be benched ahead of Hoffman are:

Neil
Smith
Condra
Greening
Zibanejad

Maclean does not play the best players that give his team the best chance to win

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Neil
Smith
Condra
Greening
Zibanejad

Maclean does not play the best players that give his team the best chance to win

disagree with this

Greening is the only one i wouldnt have in the lineup but you can justify the other guys. It isn't like Hoffman has been benched he is rotating out

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I'm pretty ambivalent about it either way. Hoffman had one strong game so far this year. Rest of the time he skates around fast but doesn't really accomplish anything. We have half a dozen guys on the roster in the same boat (except for the super fast skating part).

You know he plays with Neil right? They are chasing the puck in their own zone half of the time because Neil is too slow to defend. Also, Hoffman doesn't get power play time.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
disagree with this

Greening is the only one i wouldnt have in the lineup but you can justify the other guys. It isn't like Hoffman has been benched he is rotating out

But why should he be the one being rotated?

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Neil
Smith
Condra
Greening
Zibanejad

No coach in his situation would flip Hoffman in for Neil.

And it has nothing to do with on ice contribution.

Maclean does many of the same things other coaches would do in his situation.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Get Hoff in the lineup! Murry has to find a way to drop the dead weight (Greening) so the right players play each game. Lineups don't appear to be a strength of MacLean.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Cowen back with Karlsson eh . . . im not sure that's the best move after scratching the kid for 5 games.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
But why should he be the one being rotated?

cause he is a rookie who has been inconsistant and is getting used to the nhl game?

Neil and Hoffman shouldn't even be compared as they have different roles and are very different players

If we had a young guy who can bang some bodies around and stand up for players when need be then maybe the coach will consider sitting Neil ....

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
cause he is a rookie who has been inconsistant and is getting used to the nhl game?

Neil and Hoffman shouldn't even be compared as they have different roles and are very different players

If we had a young guy who can bang some bodies around and stand up for players when need be then maybe the coach will consider sitting Neil ....

Boro

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Get Hoff in the lineup! Murry has to find a way to drop the dead weight (Greening) so the right players play each game. Lineups don't appear to be a strength of MacLean.

It's politics for now. Stache doesn't have a choice to play everybody.

And who knows if BM is telling him to keep on playing Greening/Wiercioch to "showcase" them.

We'll have a better idea when Methot comes back. BM will be forced to make a move, and I hope that move isn't sending Lazar down...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Throw in the fact with all the injuries Columbus has, they will be playing a lot of ahl guys in the bottom half of their lineup.

Hoffman destroys ahl guys.

I'd rather dress him and try to match him against their lesser guys.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's politics for now. Stache doesn't have a choice to play everybody.

And who knows if BM is telling him to keep on playing Greening/Wiercioch to "showcase" them.

We'll have a better idea when Methot comes back. BM will be forced to make a move, and I hope that move isn't sending Lazar down...

It probably will be sending Lazar down.

There's a decent chance they wanted to give Lazar his 9 games...but with methot taking longer, they're scratching Lazar to stretch out that 9 games. Who knows though.

On a side note, what's up with methot? Why weren't we given the usual report "methot out x-x weeks with xxxx"... I've only heard its his back. What was the docs window on his return?( I know they aren't always accurate but its better then nothing)

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Is this the confirmed line-up?

I'm surprised they have Zibanejad on the 2nd line still. They obviously like everything he's doing, besides not putting up points, but I figured they would try him with different linemates...

I would have put the kid line back together.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Cowen back with Karlsson eh . . . im not sure that's the best move after scratching the kid for 5 games.

They want him to play real simple

Best way to do that is put him with the best D on the team and let Karlsson do the heavy lifting

The Citizen says Lazar will be playing C tonight

Lots of things to look forward to tonight! Pretty exciting

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd rather they let Phillips stay with Karlsson for this game and Give Cowen a spot where he can gain some confidence.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Is this the confirmed line-up?

I'm surprised they have Zibanejad on the 2nd line still. They obviously like everything he's doing, besides not putting up points, but I figured they would try him with different linemates...

I would have put the kid line back together.

I thought I just read different line combos this morning, but I can't find where. Something like:

Mac Turris Ryan
Stone Legwand Neil
Zibanejad Lazar Chaisson
Michalek Smith Condra

Line-up is from NHL.com preview of tonight's game.

Last edited:

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
I thought I just read different line combos this morning, but I can't find where. Something like:

Mac Turris Ryan
Stone Legwand Neil
Zibanejad Lazar Chaisson
Michalek Smith Condra

Line-up is from NHL.com preview of tonight's game.

Something about seeing Neil on the second line really makes my stomach turn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad