GDT: Game #8 Pens visit Bruins Jan 28th 7:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I don't know how management/ownership could be OK with this.
Maybe they think the Pens are doing good and no need to change things but JR wasn't OK with the team and wanted to change things and was not allowed to, so he resigned knowing all he was ever going to see was this until he was no longer GM. ;)

Reactions: BHD

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It feels like they never understood why they moved on from certain players, especially the more important ones. It feels like JR just threw shit to the wall to see if it sticks. That's my main issue with JR and why I'm happy he gtfo...

I sorta agree with you because remember when we heard they took the Bylsma loss badly. :laugh: Like holy shit. That dude was given more than enough time.

But JR is gone. So you would have expected the team to come out w/ a great game. They didn't. The powerplay is still a mess. It's a hot f***ing mess. The lack of ownership I'm seeing from the leadership group is sad.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Meh I gotta be blunt, I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me. I won't even argue. :laugh: I was right in 09. I was right in 15. I'll trust my gut.

Welp. It has been six years. Maybe that’s the magic interval.

Reactions: BHD

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Does anyone realistically expect Sullivan to get fired after a stinker like this? Ownership is probably going to look at our depleted blueline and say "well, we'll have to wait to get healthy on D to see if he can salvage it."

I dont agree, of course, but given the insane amount of rope Bylsma was given after one cup, I'm not confident they're going to pull the trigger. Of course, we're entering year 4 after the last cup now too....

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Tons of you pinning this on Crosby and Malkin like they aren't 'owning this.' They 33 and 34. They can't win single handed anymore. They can't dominate alone. That's gone. They need a system.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I sorta agree with you because remember when we heard they took the Bylsma loss badly. :laugh: Like holy shit. That dude was given more than enough time.

But JR is gone. So you would have expected the team to come out w/ a great game. They didn't. The powerplay is still a mess. It's a hot f***ing mess. The lack of ownership I'm seeing from the leadership group is sad.

Why would you expect a great game the day after the GM quit?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You know I was agreeing with you, yes?

I was only saying I'm not sure a coaching change fixes it. I'm 100% with you that it's absolutely necessary if there's any hope to move forward at this point. Just like '09 and '15.

I basically read about 3 words in and unless they are "ferragamo shoes" or "gallant", I drift off.... :(

Reactions: KIRK

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon

Coaches and shelf lives... There's no chance they'll get rid of Sully this season though. It would take a massive implosion. Starting the season 4-3-1 isn't one...

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I know some people like jarry, but so far 3 of his 6 games he's had a .789 save percentage or worse. They may need to ride desmith a bit more...

I defended Murray when we were playing badly, the same applies to him. Until the team looks good and he doesn't, I'm not worried.

Reactions: Trade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad