GDT: Game #8 Pens visit Bruins Jan 28th 7:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Which shift are you talking about? Malkin's been working hard. You see what you want to.

Frankly, I don't see why Junior Junior is upset. Malkin is following Crosby's lead. The Russian listening to the captain is supposed to be a good thing, no?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Tonight sucks. This team sucks.

I suck.

At the start of COVID, I stopped watching sports as there weren't any and didn't really notice a difference in my quality of life at all. Now I spend all day looking forward to the game and this is how the team looks?

F'ing shit, man. I'd rather we be downright bad but at least plucky-underdog style. We're just so unlikable.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bro. It’s over with Hornqvist. I’m sorry. He’s not coming back. In fact he’ll probably retire in like two years when his L5 disintegrates after 16 years of getting beaten to death every night. Between contract and age it was time.

I never said he was? I understand why they moved on from 81 and 72. But they needed to back it up with something and that something was defensive awareness or a killer powerplay or a dynamic top 6.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
11 shots against through 2 periods tells you nothing?

They don't need stunning. They're just superior.

I think a beer league squad would be superior to the Pens when they look like this.

Bruins barely got a win last game and are now beating us 4-1 in a game where we have a D who hasn’t played an NHL game in 7 years and has been on the ice for multiple goals.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
To me, it doesn't matter if Sully is the GOAT coach or not, the players have stopped playing. So it is what it is. Time to move on.

One personnel move, even a big one, doesn't change this.

As I said, I'm not sure a coaching change rights the ship either, but there's no way forward without that kind of change.

Reactions: cygnus47 and Andy99

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
To me, it doesn't matter if Sully is the GOAT coach or not, the players have stopped playing. So it is what it is. Time to move on.

This, they need a spark. Something has to give. Can't just give up on the season in hopes of a good pick either. This is not rebuilding time you have Sid/Geno in the last few years of their window. You can't just sit on your hands and watch this. Mario needs to act swiftly and make a change.

Reactions: cygnus47

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
One personnel move, even a big one, doesn't change this.

As I said, I'm not sure a coaching change rights the ship either, but there's no way forward without that kind of change.

Meh I gotta be blunt, I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me. I won't even argue. :laugh: I was right in 09. I was right in 15. I'll trust my gut.

Reactions: KIRK and pensfan71

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I never said he was? I understand why they moved on from 81 and 72. But they needed to back it up with something and that something was defensive awareness or a killer powerplay or a dynamic top 6.

Even a vision for what the mix was supposed to be that made sense as something more than just darts being thrown at a board hoping for a bullseye would've been nice.

Reactions: ColePens

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
The team hasn't quit. They look drifty at times and that's what people look like when there is no strategy and no one is on the same page. They are working individually. A coaching change has to happen to start fixing the problem.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I think a beer league squad would be superior to the Pens when they look like this.
I think we played just as loose or worse against other teams so far and got points. If you do it against Boston you get toasted.

Still can't believe you have no respect for their structure, breakouts, PK, PP, line chemistry and everything else.

In a normal season they'd be good enough to win the President's again. YES, without Krug!

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
It feels like they never understood why they moved on from certain players, especially the more important ones. It feels like JR just threw shit to the wall to see if it sticks. That's my main issue with JR and why I'm happy he gtfo...

Reactions: ColePens

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
I would rather watch Crosby dance along the wall with the puck with everyone trying to get the puck off Him.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Meh I gotta be blunt, I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees with me. I won't even argue. :laugh: I was right in 09. I was right in 15. I'll trust my gut.

You know I was agreeing with you, yes?

I was only saying I'm not sure a coaching change fixes it. I'm 100% with you that it's absolutely necessary if there's any hope to move forward at this point. Just like '09 and '15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad