GDT: GAME #8: Oilers 2 @ Canucks 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Yea Sbisa is a black hole of bad play I dont see us winning with the coaching staff playing him over tryamkin, we wouldn't neccesairly be winning more or have better posession but in 20 games we probably have ab etter cahnce of doing so.

yoss

May 25, 2011
Actually looking forward to this one. No I don't care to elaborate. :sarcasm:

ps put Hansen with Horvat, i don't know who else on the line, haven\t thought that far ahead.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Oilers D is actually pretty decent now with Larsson.

I'd say it is better than ours with Tanev out. Even with Tanev i think it is close with Russell playing ok for them.

Oilers have allowed 10 ES goals (scored 17).
Canucks have allowed 12 ES goals (scored 8)

Last edited:

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I think you guys are underestimating Klefbom and Larsson...

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
This might be a worthy game, hard fought and all that. Canucks were not intimidated against Oil in preseason. If they aren't impressed, they won't give up anything. Anyway, it's more of a test for the Oilers than Canucks. Oilers should put Canucks away easily but Canucks might surprise. I think if they spot the Oilers the usual first minute goal everybody will settle down and smother them the rest of the way. Canucks earn a point for the tie!

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Miller tonight and then Marky on the backend of a b2b? Just happy I get to see some Nucks hockey again. I think we are in for 0-2 weekend though.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
Actually looking forward to this one. No I don't care to elaborate. :sarcasm:

ps put Hansen with Horvat, i don't know who else on the line, haven\t thought that far ahead.

I would try Hansen with the Sedins. We've seen that line work in the past and I think it's because Hansen is so good at retrieving pucks, keeping plays alive by creating turnovers and he can cycle.

Then I would try: Granlund-Horvat-Eriksson

and: Baertschi-Sutter-Virtanen

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
7-8 minutes of Virtanen and Bo and Baer logging those solid defensive minutes. What's not to like?
It'd be better if Dorsett and Sbisa were in and getting +50% zone starts. That'd be real gud.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
I don't think the gap is wide at all with Tanev out.

Even when both teams are healthy I don't think there's a gap...

Tanev / Klefbom
Edler / Larsson
Hutton / Sekera
Gudbranson / Russell
Sbisa / Davidson
Larsen / Nurse

I like each of Larsson, Russell, Davidson, Nurse more than their counterparts Edler, Gudbranson, Sbisa, Larsen respectively.

Sekera/Hutton is a toss up to me - Hutton has the potential to win that matchup, but he hasn't shown it so far this season.

Klefbom/Tanev is also a toss up for me, that's how highly I think of Klefbom.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
You all act surprised that a team that has multiple first overall picks may have some better players then us? Edmonton should have been better years ago. It's unrealistic to expect our team to have the same level of players as a team that has tanked for what 13 years.

James Underbuss*

Mar 3, 2016
You all act surprised that a team that has multiple first overall picks may have some better players then us? Edmonton should have been better years ago. It's unrealistic to expect our team to have the same level of players as a team that has tanked for what 13 years.

Crazy to think how good they are playing AFTER trading Hall and Yak.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
My preddy is that this game will end 1-0.

Also Todd McLellan looks like he sells bootleg DVDs out of the back of his 1999 Toyota Camry.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Every time I watch and/or read anything about the Canucks I have Simon & Garfunkles "Sound of Silence" playing in the back of my head: "Hello darkness my old friend." It's quite soothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad