GDT: Game 8: Lightning Rods 4:30 MST 10/28/2014 @Amalie Arena

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hanging it on the guys with the expensive contracts and tenure is a desperation move. It's not even correct. Your mistake is having blind faith in Tippett to correctly assess situations when he has shown fallibility in that regard.

Chipchura and Klinkhammer were terrible in the Tampa game. Korpi has been bad all season. Moss was an impressive -6 in 6 games. Crombeen has managed to be a negative player in seven minutes of ice time.

The leaders have no one worth leading. That's why they've turned it off. There were 1,000 yard stares and the word passenger came up after the first game. A game where Doan played like a man possessed. Does that sound like a team that's looking forward to grinding out 82 games where they need to play at 110% to even have a chance at winning?

I expect them to respond to Maloney's threat and Tippett's challenge, but it's not going to last and that little trick only works once.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Doesn't hurt that we'll be playing the Panthers either (no offense, Panthers fans. We're bad too).
Everyone will get hyped about our big win and what our roster is capable of, and then we'll flat line again.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Doesn't hurt that we'll be playing the Panthers either (no offense, Panthers fans. We're bad too).
Everyone will get hyped about our big win and what our roster is capable of, and then we'll flat line again.

Panthers and Bobby Lou were able to shut us down for 50 minutes...it took a steady diet of penalties for us to finally score a measly goal.

Perversely I'm hoping that Florida and Carolina are able to facestomp us.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It would be a good indicator of where we are, if that happens. The complete lack of a pulse.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Yeah I'm also not super optimistic about beating Florida. It's not like we dominated them last game, we squeaked a win out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think Tip will be forced to play some younger players because of injuries and now likely the poor play. The poor play part is tough right now because in my opinion, Vermette, OEL, and Z, to name 3 vets, are not playing well. Z has already been demoted to the third pairing. Korpi has had some costly turnovers too. Smith played poorly early but was not the problem last night.

If Smith/Z/Korpi/OEL/Vermette all play below the level they should play at, we are in deep trouble. Which one of them do you want to scratch? The reason we are losing is not Klink/Chip/Moss/Crombeen/McMillan, but if that was the reason we suck, then replacing them with Lessio/Reider/Gormley could help us.

Stone/Doan/Erat/Gagner have been fine and Yandle is all world except for 1 turnover this year.

The same thing happened in a way last year when Klesla/DMO/Ribs were under performing vets. It is not the border line guys that are the problem, it is the vets we count on, our leaders, mentioned above.

Exactly. Our so called stars are not leading the way.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Hanging it on the guys with the expensive contracts and tenure is a desperation move. It's not even correct. Your mistake is having blind faith in Tippett to correctly assess situations when he has shown fallibility in that regard.

Chipchura and Klinkhammer were terrible in the Tampa game. Korpi has been bad all season. Moss was an impressive -6 in 6 games. Crombeen has managed to be a negative player in seven minutes of ice time.

The leaders have no one worth leading. That's why they've turned it off. There were 1,000 yard stares and the word passenger came up after the first game. A game where Doan played like a man possessed. Does that sound like a team that's looking forward to grinding out 82 games where they need to play at 110% to even have a chance at winning?

I expect them to respond to Maloney's threat and Tippett's challenge, but it's not going to last and that little trick only works once.

My comments were before the article was published. I came to my own conclusions based on my own observations, and I have some experience in this area:). The article, and Tip's comments confirmed what I have been seeing.

The players you mention are not world beaters, we all know that, but they are not the biggest problem. OEL/Z/Korpi/Smith have all played below reasonable expectations so far, by my observation. Hanzal being hurt has not helped either. This is the biggest problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad