GDT: Game 8: Lightning Rods 4:30 MST 10/28/2014 @Amalie Arena

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You can't win with one #2 line, one #3 line and two #4 lines.
Too many Crombeens, Chipchura, Moss, korpi, McMillian, Klink, Erat type players

Just have to have better effort and get them up to speed. Easy peasy.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I wonder what line up changes Tip will make after this game. I for sure saw OEL, Chip, Korpi, Z, turnover the puck or miss an obvious assignment. I think Z might be done. I thought originally that his demotion to the third line was to pair him with Schlemko and pair Murphy with OEL. I think it is because Z has maybe gone the way of Dmo/Klesla.

Basic fundamental hockey was horrible tonight. Smith was mostly hung out to dry tonight, and I thought he mostly played well. Erat and Gagner looked pretty good. Our planned on top D pairing of OEL/Z have both played poorly even with different partners. I thought they could be counted on as a top pairing D, now they both are pretty bad so far, we couldn't have counted on that. OEL being this bad is a major surprise and I am sure he will recover. I think Z is done as a top 4 D man.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I agree this team is frustrating and hard to watch. On the plus side I have two screens for my pc, so I can and have been putting the sharks on the other screen. It looks like that will be a regular occurrence.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I wonder what line up changes Tip will make after this game. I for sure saw OEL, Chip, Korpi, Z, turnover the puck or miss an obvious assignment. I think Z might be done. I thought originally that his demotion to the third line was to pair him with Schlemko and pair Murphy with OEL. I think it is because Z has maybe gone the way of Dmo/Klesla.

Basic fundamental hockey was horrible tonight. Smith was mostly hung out to dry tonight, and I thought he mostly played well. Erat and Gagner looked pretty good. Our planned on top D pairing of OEL/Z have both played poorly even with different partners. I thought they could be counted on as a top pairing D, now they both are pretty bad so far, we couldn't have counted on that. OEL being this bad is a major surprise and I am sure he will recover. I think Z is done as a top 4 D man.

Tip? Lineup changes? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ArizonaCoyotes19

May 28, 2008
Winnipeg
hockeylists.com
So I wonder in the history of the NHL has there ever been a player who scored his first career goal in his first career game and was a healthy scratch the very next game? Who knows Hodgman may never score another goal in the NHL but he deserved to be in the lineup tonight.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Sooner or later he'll figure it out. This is how this team executes. It's the players, DT.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Hahaha, you called it.

haha Kudos!

To be fair, they're pretty predictable. Here was my best guess after the 6-1 STL blowout:

Tippett presser: "The goaltending has to be better. We got behind early and were chasing the game. You can't win in this league if you're chasing the game"

Real Reporter: "What about the team's failure to generate scoring chances?"

Tipp: "We were very sloppy. We need to tighten things up if we want to win in this league."

RR: "Will the team call up one of its offensively talented forwards in the wake of Marty Hanzal's injury?"

Tipp: "We'll evaluate that later. We need secondary scoring out of our players like Klinkhammer and Chipchura. I think we've all seen the pitfalls of playing young players before they are ready in Edmonton. We need to be tighter defensively. You generate offense from defense and turnovers. We're not doing that right now."

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I didn't think they'd miss Dave Moss this much ;)

I hope Gormley, Lessio, Shwarz, and the kids in Portland are preparing for their shot...

McMillan was their best player, in a Dave Moss kind of way. Chips and Klink were stink.

Yes it's not easy to earn your way on a DT roster, but you can certainly earn your way off..

Does Crombeen's goal mean he'll be scratched Thursday, and Hodgman will get another shot?

As bad as the Coyotes looked, give the lightning credit, missing some pretty good players...good to see Bowness coaching....probably still has nightmares about the roster he left behind on the Coyotes.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
So I wonder in the history of the NHL has there ever been a player who scored his first career goal in his first career game and was a healthy scratch the very next game? Who knows Hodgman may never score another goal in the NHL but he deserved to be in the lineup tonight.

Coyotes sent Murphy back to Portland after he did it last year.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Morgan has been taking shots on twitter all night. Hysterical.

Morgan is the smartest reporter we have. He's the only one who knows we suck.

I can't defend Tippet anymore. Or Smith, really. But Tippet has lost the room. He needs to go. GMDM is 50/50 right now. Some bad decisions, some good ones. Let's see what he can do with a new coach and budget.

Fallenone

Mar 29, 2012
Morgan is the smartest reporter we have. He's the only one who knows we suck.

I can't defend Tippet anymore. Or Smith, really. But Tippet has lost the room. He needs to go. GMDM is 50/50 right now. Some bad decisions, some good ones. Let's see what he can do with a new coach and budget.

From Your lips to the Owners ears!!!!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I suppose that it's nice that the Coyotes are the laughingstock of the league for something other than ownership issues.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Bryan Burns @BBurnsNHL · 2h 2 hours ago
Johnson on 4 assists tonight: “I just started laughing after a couple of them. You just got to ride the wave I guess." #TBLightning

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Bryan Burns @BBurnsNHL · 2h 2 hours ago
Johnson on 4 assists tonight: “I just started laughing after a couple of them. You just got to ride the wave I guess." #TBLightning
Salt into the wounds if I've ever seen it. :laugh:

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Thank god I didn't take the time to watch that game. I think I'll just stick to ASU football until January and then see where we are. This honestly is pathetic. It's like management is clinging to that WCF year but can't repeat it and they refuse to move on. I seriously hope we replace our management after this year. Until then I'm going to embrace the tank!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Until then I'm going to embrace the tank!

Carolina and Buffalo are not even trying. Dave Tippett is flailing wildly, desperately trying to work the controls on a plane that's going down. Guess which team is third worst in the league right now?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think we'll give it until U.S. Thanksgiving to see the true direction of this squad. That's about the quarter pole of the year.

According to: http://www.shrpsports.com/nhl/stand.php

Last year, by U.S. Thanksgiving, 6/8 teams who made the playoffs in the East held their spot. Washington and Carolina fell in place of Columbus and Philly. In the West, 7/8 teams by Thanksgiving. Phoenix fell in place of Dallas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad