Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - Last time Bruins opened a season 7-1? NEVER - BRUINS 5 Detroit 1

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Morning Bru guys had some interesting line combo ideas for next game minus 46 and 63.

Greer on line 1 with Bergeron and Debrusk
Zacha centers line 2
Pretty obvious 3rd line as a result
and Lauko back up for line 4

Figured a few other guys could come up over Lauko

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Good, now let's see what they do with him, though

I could think of a few things besides a game or two

What I'd do:

JDB - Bergy - Smith
Hall - Zacha - Pasta
Foligno - Coyle - Greer
Frederic - Nosek - Lauko

I know Smith has struggled aside from last night, but he's a true RW who can skate and is a puck hound and it's not like he's going to line 1 for the next 5 months.
I like it and it makes sense tho I’d switch Foligno and Freddy just to keep consistency as those combos have worked in past games.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Imagine being the young player that runs such an established/respected player as Krejci in a meaningless regular season game. His teammates sighed in relief when the Bruins did not respond and target any of them for it.

Imagine watching your veteran center get a cheap hit like that and doing nothing?

Nothing to complain about with this team, but doing nothing to stick up for Krejci sucks..

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Mike Reilly was called back up
Puts us back at 23 man roster

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

my guess on the lines would be

DeBrusk Bergeron Smith
Hall Zacha Pastrnak
Frederic Coyle Greer
Foligno Nosek Lauko

Lindholm Grzelcyk
Reilly Carlo
Forbort Clifton

Lauko not offically called up yet but I think he will be based on the tweets last night

Krejci probably goes on IR and will have to miss a week

Last edited:

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Not lying. I was thinking of this with Debrusk. Jake gets a lot of semi-break aways on his off wing because of his speed. Messier used to fake like he was lifting his leg and going backhand. Shoot low at that moment hoping goalie starts to move. Worked for him😉
In nostalgic jest. But there's so many of those great players that made some of the most difficult plays look easy. That we rarely see anymore. That Messier move is tough. Other examples I miss nowadays.
Marc Savard used to barely move, wasn't big, fast or could dangle, but somehow control the puck down low with feints and misdirection before threading seamless passes through multiple defenders.
Gilmour (don't like him) had his beautiful reverse wrap around, stopping behind the net, that had goalies sliding to the wrong post.
Sakic used to find room in the slot to take a laser of a wrist shot.
Bourque used to take the puck on his backhand and in one fluid motion move the puck to middle at a better angle and release his shot.
Richer used to blaze down the side and beat goalies with a slap shot from the circle.

I'd love for Jake to add more tricks to his repertoire for those chances... but also appreciate the space he makes as defenders have to be aware as well as making the goalie work.

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
Anyone notice how officiating has improved 100% this season in Bruins games?

Marchand and Swayman made me feel more comfortable with this team.

Carlo led the team in hits with 5 and ice time with 22:23.

Clifton with 4 hits, 3 blocks and a takeaway in 20:32. Who said you can't win with Clifton playing over 20 minutes a game?

Bergeron, such a joy to watch him play.
True! It has definitely been better for now but let's not jump the gun this soon in the season. Let the refs a bit of time, they'll find a way to reveal their true colors, I'm sure. It's the Bruins after all, they just can't help themselves haha.

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Anyone notice how officiating has improved 100% this season in Bruins games?

Marchand and Swayman made me feel more comfortable with this team.

Carlo led the team in hits with 5 and ice time with 22:23.

Clifton with 4 hits, 3 blocks and a takeaway in 20:32. Who said you can't win with Clifton playing over 20 minutes a game?

Bergeron, such a joy to watch him play.
I jested earlier it was due to Bruce. Perhaps it was. Bruins are legitimately drawing penalties this season.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
First: Sad for DK. That was IMO a hit to hurt.
1- Boston was everywhere.
3- 63 is a phenomenal athlete and player. Just wow.
4- Pastrnak is in his zone! Great world class athlete.
5- Congrats to Swayman. Vert very good game and thought he was calme and poise.
6- I personally prefer 37 at or around 18 minutes a night than 24!
7- Lindholm, Forbert and D core are impressive.
8- Up to now, top to bottom, this team is having more success than anticipated and are fun to watch

I'll take now and hope it will continue. I beleive in this team.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
when i first saw the hit on dk. by his reaction i thought it was a broken arm. i think the butt end got him right on the #46 on the arm.
hopefully nothing too bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad