GDT: Game #8| Feb. 1, 2013|Flyers at Capitals |7:00 p.m. ET

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
Everything just seems off by a little bit. The passing, shooting, the entire team just doesn't seem sync'd.

Who woulda thought the highlight of most of our games would be Bryz?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Through 8 games the Flyers have 222 shots and 16 goals. That's 7% for shooting.

I don't know if that's low compared to other teams or what. Just throwing it out there.

SgtJoseph*

Rinaldo takes some stupid penalties, but at least he has heart.

Actually he did not take any stupid penalties tonight in my opinion. He got screwed on the first call, and he and the guy he fought got faked out by the ref on the puck drop......Zac has tremendous heart and courage, especially for such a small lad. I like the kid !

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Actually he did not take any stupid penalties tonight in my opinion. He got screwed on the first call, and he and the guy he fought got faked out by the ref on the puck drop......Zac has tremendous heart and courage, especially for such a small lad. I like the kid !

I like him too, and feel bad for the kid. But he's hurting the team, through no fault of his own, with the penalties for being Zac Rinaldo. It's time to cut ties with him.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

I don't know if that's low compared to other teams or what. Just throwing it out there.

That means the opposing goalie has an avg save % of 0.930 aka the save % of an all-star goalie so I'd say that that's bad. Jonathan Quick didn't even save that much last season.

SgtJoseph*

I like him too, and feel bad for the kid. But he's hurting the team, through no fault of his own, with the penalties for being Zac Rinaldo. It's time to cut ties with him.

I understand where you are coming from........It really sucks for him that he is under such a magnifying glass, that stuff can really kill the spirit of such a spirited player.He woulda been loved in the 70s !

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
not 100% in sync

yah i like that wording. 7% shooting percentage is very low. i still remember some % from what if sports. warren young, the year he had 40 goals and 250 pms, was 32%, the gretzky,lemieux crazy seasons were 20%+. some of the richie carter years in philly were around 15% for those guys. missing big guys like simmonds,harts will not create much of a rise in the 7% we are currently at. gonna take lots of practice, and that isnt in the cards in this 48 game season.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Nobody I know is going out tonight. I'm drinking right now in my apartment but that loss was so bad I have half a mind to just wing it to a bar and find some girl. Nothing else will make me feel better at this point. :laugh:

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia

Take out the Florida game (7 goals on I think it was just 26 shots) and we're looking at closer to 4.5% for the year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad