GDT: Game 8 debut time. Kings @ Knights 7pm

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Still some rust on Cody. Was looking like a real threat in the offensive zone and he fumbled the puck at the blueline.
In fairness, he was kind of in no man's land there. Even Stone gets trapped there often.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
In fairness, he was kind of in no man's land there. Even Stone gets trapped there often.
Yeah true. But he's had a lot of moments of fumbling the puck and not getting it under control. I chalk it up to rust for sure though. He didn't have this problem when he first got into the NHL.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not long after I talk about a flaw of his, Glass effectively seals off the puck and escapes body pressure to get the puck to the offensive zone. That was part of his problem last year, too easily muscled off the puck.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Coghlan isn't really a slouch. Might have some rookie mistakes to be sure but I'm not expecting him to be a pylon out there.

Also by implication you're saying that Whitecloud is 1/3rd of a problem. He's arguably been our best defenseman

People put too much on Whitecloud. He has been great but not long enough to take for granted that he will always show up. Past young defensemen have great starts and can come back down or have a struggle before bouncing back.

Next season, if he continues his play through this season, then I will take for granted and expect he will be good night in and night out.

But the Kings apparently still suck big time so it shouldn't be a problem while they're our opponents.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
People put too much on Whitecloud. He has been great but not long enough to take for granted that he will always show up. Past young defensemen have great starts and can come back down or have a struggle before bouncing back.

Next season, if he continues his play through this season, then I will take for granted and expect he will be good night in and night out.

But the Kings apparently still suck big time so it shouldn't be a problem while they're our opponents.
Think you might want to find a different term besides take for granted. I eventually got what you meant but was confused for a minute.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad