GDT: Game 8 debut time. Kings @ Knights 7pm

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Am i the only one who thought the Knights didn't really play that well despite what the score says?

Like @IceNeophyte said, they took their foot off the gas in the third. I thought their first 30 minutes they looked fantastic.
Avs fan coming in peace... and admiration. Wanted to say I totally dig how you guys are playing. I am a fan of goalies and am SO stoked for Fleury. Have been for years. I hope you guys go all the way. No, seriously... I do.

Bummed we didn't see a COL/VGK WCF. I was looking forward to that. I mean probably would've been a Colorado win with how anemic Vegas' offense became against Vancouver but still. Would've been a more fun matchup imo.
It must be. Chandler Stevenson in the top 6? lol.
I don't mind that much while Cody eases back into form and starts growing his game. He plays the role the way Rucchin did between Selanne and Kariya. Keeps the play moving when he has to and doesn't get in the way of or bring down the stars on the line. Glass looked solid when he started between Stone and Pacioretty but right now his puck management has been rusty so I think it's not a big deal if he starts on Tuch and Roy's line. It's better linemates than Nosek and Eakin anyway. He just has to play.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Fwiw there was talk that Lehner might have struggled because he was getting too much time off in between starts. People said the same thing about Subban (he was getting a ton of time off between starts though).

But it doesn’t seem to have affected Fleury yet and he had a much longer layoff between his last start and this start, and he looked fine in this game. Or is it a better situation for Fleury because of his age and being overused in recent seasons?

Not trying to be a smart ass, but it starts to raise my expectations for Lehner.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Hopefully it pissed the players off to start off 5-1-1, take first place, and then sit by and watch as 3 teams jumped ahead in the standings.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Fwiw there was talk that Lehner might have struggled because he was getting too much time off in between starts. People said the same thing about Subban (he was getting a ton of time off between starts though).

But it doesn’t seem to have affected Fleury yet and he had a much longer layoff between his last start and this start, and he looked fine in this game. Or is it a better situation for Fleury because of his age and being overused in recent seasons?

Not trying to be a smart ass, but it starts to raise my expectations for Lehner.
That talk is dumb. The way we're playing Lehner is similar to how he played in NY, & Chicago, so why would this affect him now? Not to mention, goalies likely prefer one start every 4 days instead of 2 so they can fully recover from all that lost liquid.

There was a thread on the main board (from an unreliable source) saying Lehner came to camp having put on some weight(one reason could be due to new medication), which could be it. The irregular season could also be why.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Ima say power play now instead of power kill because glass didn't shatter last pp

Or rather, Glass shattered the war criminals?

I'm still confused as to why he's the bumper net front presence. That should be Stone or Tuch. Glass is the best playmaker and I'd put him on the half wall.

Even though he did score in front of the net.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Don't look now, but... Vegas is doing great on the dot.

Roy at 57.1%
Bill at 55%
Glass 53.1
Stepho 53
Nosek's at 49.4, that scrub.

...Kolesar has a 12.5% btw

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
How did Coghlan look in his 1st game?
It's kind of tough to say because LA was really bad. He did play with what I might call mild nerves but I can't say I saw him make many or any big mistakes. Probably as good a situation to build confidence for a young rookie, a game like that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm still confused as to why he's the bumper net front presence. That should be Stone or Tuch. Glass is the best playmaker and I'd put him on the half wall.

Even though he did score in front of the net.
Could be they're just trying to get him practice doing that but I agree in principle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad