GDT: [Game #8] Dallas Stars @ Calgary Flames – 7:30 PM CT (BSSW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not a good 3rd period but the Flames were clearly playing desperate hockey.

Wedgewood vs the Oilers should be fun lol

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Notes from the game

March was very vocal on the ice between whistles, and was always the first to go to Otter for a big save

Suter is a prick to whoever is beside him on the faceoffs lol.

Maybe these are normal, but I don't see many live games obviously

Another two points, let's keep it going boys

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Gave up the opening goal in each period but still won.

Strong resiliency...but a concerning pattern around being jumped on early into play.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If they keep playing this way, they will have a losing streak soon. Typically and most often, the team that plays better wins. Except for Otter, not many teams survive 40+ shots against per game. They won't get away with it forever, and probably need a few losses to jar them out of it. Also, I hope they stop reading press clippings.

All that said, most hockey games are one goal affairs and I enjoyed the tension of the back and forth for these early season games.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
If they keep playing this way, they will have a losing streak soon. Typically and most often, the team that plays better wins. Except for Otter, not many teams survive 40+ shots against per game. They won't get away with it forever, and probably need a few losses to jar them out of it. Also, I hope they stop reading press clippings.

All that said, most hockey games are one goal affairs and I enjoyed the tension of the back and forth for these early season games.
Yep, this whole, taking a period or two off is eventually going to catch up to them. Hard to complain about anything with their record, but you don’t want them forming these bad habits, because winning like this is not sustainable even with Otter net.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
So now we’re all the way to thinking they’re playing so terribly I just hope they lose games so they can start playing better. Y’all are funny

Reactions: M88K

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
So now we’re all the way to thinking they’re playing so terribly I just hope they lose games so they can start playing better. Y’all are funny
To be clear, I don’t want them to lose. But I think at this point a humbling loss may be all that snaps them out of it.

They keep taking periods off and they keep winning so it’s hard to blame them.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
it's an 82 game grind. expecting any team/player to be all over it every single period is a fool's errand.

get results, get into the playoffs, save your best hockey for the last 6-8 weeks of the regular season and beyond.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
To be clear, I don’t want them to lose. But I think at this point a humbling loss may be all that snaps them out of it.

They keep taking periods off and they keep winning so it’s hard to blame them.

I thought the Toronto game would rattle them, given how they were the better team and still got blown out.

This next stretch of 7 games in 12 days will be a good test. Already off to a great start.

Reactions: Kipper 17

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Notes from the game

March was very vocal on the ice between whistles, and was always the first to go to Otter for a big save

Suter is a prick to whoever is beside him on the faceoffs lol.

Maybe these are normal, but I don't see many live games obviously

Another two points, let's keep it going boys
You better start driving to Edmonton now.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
it's an 82 game grind. expecting any team/player to be all over it every single period is a fool's errand.

get results, get into the playoffs, save your best hockey for the last 6-8 weeks of the regular season and beyond.

No one is expecting that, we just expect more 2nd periods than we have gotten. In 8 games we've had like what 2 or 3 really strong periods? For a "top team" that doesn't seem very good?

Reactions: Kipper 17

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
Ask the bruins how useful it is to dominate every game in a regular season

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I wouldn’t even consider myself to be overly positive with my sports fandom but y’all are so doom and gloom nearly all the time. We could win a cup and y’all would bitch about how high Robertson lifted it.
Well there's no reason he couldn't have lifted it those extra 4 inches. Guy is a f***ing slacker

Reactions: Ratbath

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad