GDT: Game 8: Columbus at Los Angeles | 10/26 4PM EDT

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I can't seem to find an update about the injured player from yesterday. I know they said he was alert and all that but just curious if there was another update.

I also saw that nasty skate to the face the other night. That's a bad string of games for you guys. The Kings are pretty beat up right now too.

Foligno was diagnosed with a "stinger" and is listed as day-to-day. Hopes to play tomorrow.

Atkinson said he think he'll play tomorrow - waiting on medical clearance for his eye. I would guess some kind of expanded visor/cage will be in play.

Just got the blue line finally healthy. Dubinsky (abdominal surgery) has skated once on his own (today I think). Boone Jenner is starting to practice (broken hand). Nathan Horton is out (degenerative back). Matt Calvert is out a week with an upper body injury. So basically 6 of the top 9 forwards are either out or have missed time if my count is right.

Foligno was diagnosed with a "stinger" and is listed as day-to-day. Hopes to play tomorrow.

Atkinson said he think he'll play tomorrow - waiting on medical clearance for his eye. I would guess some kind of expanded visor/cage will be in play.

Just got the blue line finally healthy. Dubinsky (abdominal surgery) has skated once on his own (today I think). Boone Jenner is starting to practice (broken hand). Nathan Horton is out (degenerative back). Matt Calvert is out a week with an upper body injury. So basically 6 of the top 9 forwards are either out or have missed time if my count is right.

Oh ok.. glad he wasn't seriously hurt. I thought he would be ok when he wiggled his legs and what not while on the ice. I guess the trainer and doctors were just being extra cautious. I was playing in a beer league game a year or two ago and had something similar happen. I reached with one arm to poke a puck and fell to my knees. I went head first into another guy's knee who was trying to make a play on that puck and in full stride. My neck snapped back and my whole right arm felt like it was on fire then I had a hard time feeling it after. Never had anything like that happen in my life and it was pretty scary for a minute there.

Good luck the rest of the season!

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
vs Anaheim Jack Johnson played 26:01 and had a season average TOI of like ~24:20 but he only played a smidge over 19 minutes vs LA.. is that just because we had 7 defensemen dressed? is it because Murray returned? combination of the two? neither of those reasons and HCTR just didn't want to play him that much?

Awful defensive efforts could be one reason behind that decision...

Wennberg-Johansen-Hartnell total domination line hopefully up next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad