Pre-Game Talk: GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
You assume I do things only because I get paid, and that's just really sad.

garth-reebok.jpg

i don't think you quite grasp the subtle difference between getting paid and accepting a bribe. what if it's dark chocolate? hey, we're talking real dark chocolate.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I think we need a new main thread on the main board:

Is Kassian's shooting percentage unsustainable? :sarcasm:

yoss

May 25, 2011
I think we need a new main thread on the main board:

Is Kassian's shooting percentage unsustainable? :sarcasm:

Yes Kassian's shooting percentage is pretty good. But think about this, if he were a basketball player that shooting percentage is actually well below average.

Though it wouldn't be awful from 3 point territory.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Does anyone else who was around as a Canucks fan prior to the game where Bertuzzi broke Steve Moore's back wince just a little bit after reading about all the vengence that Canucks fans want on Keith?

This city was absolutely blood-thirsty and hell-bent on getting revenge for the Naslund injury just before that game too, and if there ever was a "be careful what you wish for" situation for Canucks fans, THAT WAS IT. It could certainly be argued that it was fan fury and expectation that whipped up that situation into the ugly (although ultimately accidental) result that transpired.

I would think we would have learned from past mistakes.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Does anyone else who was around as a Canucks fan prior to the game where Bertuzzi broke Steve Moore's back wince just a little bit after reading about all the vengence that Canucks fans want on Keith?

This city was absolutely blood-thirsty and hell-bent on getting revenge for the Naslund injury just before that game too, and if there ever was a "be careful what you wish for" situation for Canucks fans, THAT WAS IT. It could certainly be argued that it was fan fury and expectation that whipped up that situation into the ugly (although ultimately accidental) result that transpired.

No, I don't wince at all. Bertuzzi is extremely stupid and that type of an attack is so gutless that I don't think another Canuck will ever try to emulate that assault unless they want to be sitting out for a few seasons. Kinda eerie that Brashear pulled a similar move quite recently in some other league though.

yoss

May 25, 2011

I was one sort of calling for blood, but within reason. I certainly don't want another Bertuzzi incident, but i trust the coaches and guys will let Kass know not to go over the line. Don't want to see anyone get injured, another situation like that would be a nightmare, and Kassian is playing well, don't want to see him do something stupid.

Would i like to see some hawks get rocked in a fight, hell yes. Get hit hard all over the ice, yes. But be smart and disciplined about it, don't give them a million penalties, and when they do take one make it worth it. Without being too hardcore of course. Get a win, most important thing.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I was one sort of calling for blood, but within reason. I certainly don't want another Bertuzzi incident, but i trust the coaches and guys will let Kass know not to go over the line. Don't want to see anyone get injured, another situation like that would be a nightmare, and Kassian is playing well, don't want to see him do something stupid.

Would i like to see some hawks get rocked in a fight, hell yes. Get hit hard all over the ice, yes. But be smart and disciplined about it, don't give them a million penalties, and when they do take one make it worth it. Without being too hardcore of course.

Yeah, I really don't want Kassian to have this type of pressure on him. Everyone already knows he's a bit of a crazy guy and the last thing we need is for all of the refs to start giving him penalties whenever he goes near someone or be under the microsope of shanaban. Bieksa should have a chat with Keith.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Yeah, I really don't want Kassian to have this type of pressure on him. Everyone already knows he's a bit of a crazy guy and the last thing we need is for all of the refs to start giving him penalties whenever he goes near someone or be under the microsope of shanaban. Bieksa should have a chat with Keith.

agreed

I wouldn't think Keith would ever drop them with Kassian, Bieksa would have a much better shot imo. Just hope it isn't Burrows

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I'd like to see someone try and pull a stone cold stunner on Keith.

yoss

May 25, 2011
I really liked the Ballard vs. Keith suggestion made earlier in the thread. That was a plus for me of Ballard even before he picked up his play this year. Not afraid to fight and did pretty well last year in them. I'm on board with it being Bieksa also though. Lappy as well. I love Burrows and everything, but he is not the guy i envision really satisfying my appetite for destruction.

Keith will probably run away from any and everyone else though, right? That's the problem.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011

There's a big difference between wanting someone to sucker punch Keith in the back of the head when he's unawares versus just wanting someone to make him stop being a *****, man up, and fight. If he's willing to throw flying elbows when someone doesn't expect it, he should be willing to drop the gloves when someone does.

Eastside

Mar 8, 2012
Vancouver Island
I predict Zack Kassian scores two goals, and rocks Duncan Keith in a fight. He then beats the living crap out of Dave Bolland. He then goes to the Roxy and takes his pick.

And the legend will grow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad