JDIOhtf.gif

Q2EDalr.gif
PHDg41z.gif

H5bQezx.gif
TN8HzhR.gif

Last edited:

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
What do you guys think is the best approach to get retribution on Keith?

Personally, I would like to see someone go right after him the first time he steps foot on the ice. Who cares about an instigator penalty early in the game, I'm sure that's two minutes the team would gladly kill off.

I would love for Kassian to be the one to send the message and treat Keith just like he did Eager. One, it would be immensely satisfying to watch. Second, and arguably most important, it would serve notice to the rest of the league that you won't get away with cheap shots on the Sedins anymore.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
I have heard it from a very good source that Burrows and Keith agreed to take off their helmets and fight. They talked at the world hockey championship. Best way to resolve the situation, fair fight, and so on.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
What do you guys think is the best approach to get retribution on Keith?

Personally, I would like to see someone go right after him the first time he steps foot on the ice. Who cares about an instigator penalty early in the game, I'm sure that's two minutes the team would gladly kill off.

I would love for Kassian to be the one to send the message and treat Keith just like he did Eager. One, it would be immensely satisfying to watch. Second, and arguably most important, it would serve notice to the rest of the league that you won't get away with cheap shots on the Sedins anymore.

or Bieksa would be a nice touch too :yo:

It has to happen!

Or maybe Daniel himself goes after him :P?

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
It's Schneiders game. Gotta keep him fresh.

I would wish pain on Keith, but last time I got I did I infracted :(

Anyways, I'm super stoked for this. Should be an electric atmosphere.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I have heard it from a very good source that Burrows and Keith agreed to take off their helmets and fight. They talked at the world hockey championship. Best way to resolve the situation, fair fight, and so on.

This wouldn't even come close to quenching my desire to see Keith pay.

Let him resolve the situation against someone who can actually fight, like Bieksa or Kassian. Why give him the easy way out?

Pseudonymous*

Oh god.

Yeah give him even more confidence, not only do you get to cheapshot our players and nearly end their career, you get to look good in a fight against a non fighter. :laugh:

Nobody likes looking tougher than they are in a fight :sarcasm:

If you dont win the fight (and not just a slight edge), it does absolutely nothing. Canucks have already proved they'll attempt to stand up for their guys, thats never been questioned.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I woke up from a dream in which the Canucks traded for Troy Brouwer. I don't think any Cup-winning Blackhawks have made it over here, and it'd be weird if that were to happen any time soon.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Oh god.

Yeah give him even more confidence, not only do you get to cheapshot our players and nearly end their career, you get to look good in a fight against a non fighter. :laugh:

Nobody likes looking tougher than they are in a fight :sarcasm:

If you dont win the fight (and not just a slight edge), it does absolutely nothing. Canucks have already proved they'll attempt to stand up for their guys, thats never been questioned.

Obviously we're still going to try to hit him after the fight but that's how it's going to be handled.

Burrows vs Keith will be an entertaining slap fest. But who knows maybe Kassian gets to him first, maybe Bieksa does... but it's a big 2 points on the line and we could lose the game over revenge and miss the playoffs by a point or two.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
The problem is the NHL would suspend the retaliation worse than Keith's slap on the wrist. If Kassian gave Keith the exact same flying elbow on the exact same play, it would be 10+ games and we can't afford to lose top 6 players right now. The best way to get back at him is to beat the Hawks in regulation.

Pseudonymous*

The problem is the NHL would suspend the retaliation worse than Keith's slap on the wrist. If Kassian gave Keith the exact same flying elbow on the exact same play, it would be 10+ games and we can't afford to lose top 6 players right now. The best way to get back at him is to beat the Hawks in regulation.

Theres a middle ground between a huge cheap elbow away from the play and beating them in regulation. :laugh:

I hope to see one of our tougher guys coax him into a fight. do whatever it takes to get him to him drop the gloves

or any uneven match with one of their top smaller players (kane, toews, etc)

Im not even confident our beat up team can beat them in regulation to be honest. or at all .. not while we have 2 of our top 6 players injured and our D being playing the way they are.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Eff the scoreboard in this one. Winning game 8 (prorated to game 16 ooooohhhhh) doesn't mean a whole lot.

Keith has to pay. So does Toews. Mess with 1 of ours, we mess with 2 of yours.

Keith isn't going to fight Zack. No way. And I don't want Zack to go Bertuzzi either. I do want Keith and Toews and Kane and Sharp getting a face wash and a whack to the shins every chance we get. Don't be stupid about it, but retribution better be 60 minutes worth.

Pseudonymous*

Eff the scoreboard in this one. Winning game 8 (prorated to game 16 ooooohhhhh) doesn't mean a whole lot.

Keith isn't going to fight Zack. No way. And I don't want Zack to go Bertuzzi either. I do want Keith and Toews and Kane and Sharp getting a face wash and a whack to the shins every chance we get. Don't be stupid about it, but retribution better be 60 minutes worth.

they might be willing to with bieksa though. hes not as intimidating to look at :) if theyre angry enough because of all the abuse theyre getting

The Optimist

Jun 5, 2009
2754 days of hell

Management will definitely have been told to not let anything happen that could tarnish the leagues' reputation in the USA (aka line brawls, cheap shots, etc.).

Furthermore, refs will definitely be involved early to send a clear message in case the players 'forget'.

But boy will it be satisfying to see every Canuck (Sedins included) finish their checks on Keith. He's going to be sore for the next week.

Pseudonymous*

anybody with twitter, please tweet all our players and let them know that our fans expect as much punishment within the rules as possible!

if they go in and play like its another game, i'll be very disappointed

it basically wrote off our chances for the 2011 playoffs

it was a disgusting play

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Don't do anything suspension worthy to keith, but Absolutely crush him every chance possible.

I hope kassian makes keith his *****

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012

Kassian (or someone else) can easily just go after Keith and take a two minute instigator penalty. I suppose the potential for a 5 minute major is there if Keith doesn't fight back, but I don't really think that should be a concern.

The Canucks need to make a statement here, the era of opposing teams taking liberties with the Sedins is finished.

NonBruinHatingCanuck

May 28, 2011
I think Burrows Could actually drop Keith if he lands one Early

Thats quite interesting i forgot they were teammates for team Canada.. Must have been a bit awkward.

I really hope Vancouver plays with some emotion. These games have me quite bored this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad