Pre-Game Talk: GAME #8 - Canucks vs. Blackhawks - 7:00 TSN - You're Not Worthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
He does pretty much every time, so it wouldn't be surprising...

Yes, but on HF is 7uongo. People like to only remember when he sucks. So stonewalling Chicago right now would be entertaining in many facets. :laugh:

Of course he wanted out after they benched him in Round 1. I'd question his desire to win if he didn't. I'm surprised he didn't the year before when they benched him for Schneider -- Roy would have.

This reminds me. Everyone knows about Roy's very public trade demand but few people recall he did acknowledge being too heated at the time. He wanted the coach fired, and consider how he was treated. I cannot say I blame him. Point being, Lu was requesting a trade based on the perception we were moving on without him. If that changed, I imagine so would his opinion.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Of course he wanted out after they benched him in Round 1. I'd question his desire to win if he didn't. I'm surprised he didn't the year before when they benched him for Schneider -- Roy would have.

Roy was left hanging out to dry by that "coach" Tremblay on home ice. Not remotely the same IMHO. Plus, Roy was always a bit of a hot-head.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
This reminds me. Everyone knows about Roy's very public trade demand but few people recall he did acknowledge being too heated at the time. He wanted the coach fired, and consider how he was treated. I cannot say I blame him. Point being, Lu was requesting a trade based on the perception we were moving on without him. If that changed, I imagine so would his opinion.

We couldn't just move on without him... he has a NTC and a 12 year deal :laugh:

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
One can always hold out hope for Ballard's continued decent play - which will likely attract another GM. Getting his cap hit off the books will give Gillis more flexability with respect to Luongo (eg., keep both goalies); particularly if we get a useful player (forward) for Ballard in return.

Ballard is playing better than decent imo. If he keeps this up we'll be able to salvage what we paid for him.

Hammer Time

May 3, 2011
My god, we have come a long way...now we're *choosing* Luongo over the other goalie against of all teams *chicago*.

This is gonna be a fun 48 hours...

Luongo's gotten a ton of great performances against the Hawks over the years.

If there's a team he should be sheltered from, it's Anaheim.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
i033097.jpg

We need that photo for GDT

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
The writings on the wall of what happened over summer, I dont know why robertos fans cant accept it, he had every right to ask for a trade to, av does not slip up on a french station saying roberto asked for a trade by accident. No coach makes that mistake.

Don,t know is your referring to me in particular but will respond because I was quoted.
Just don't want to be painted as a Reberto over Cody fan, I'm a nucks fan, that will accept the direction the team goes, and expect MG to choose the direction that maximizes or chance of cup. I was just trying to play devils advocate is all.

YouCantYandleThis*

The writings on the wall of what happened over summer, I dont know why robertos fans cant accept it, he had every right to ask for a trade to, av does not slip up on a french station saying roberto asked for a trade by accident. No coach makes that mistake.

Roberto also told that same station (rds) a few weeks ago he does not see himself as a canuck long term. He even commented prior about stepping aside for cory.

With that said roberto fans can hold onto the fact that perhaps they can patch things up if thats how things go and gillis really wants him, then they will have a situation with cory.

And proto is correct. No starting goal tender is going to want to stick around when hes benched in critical games to a backup. People were saying right when it happened he has to ask for a trade after this happened, roberto has naturally did what he felt he should do during this entire situation. And as proto said I would be worried about robertos compete level if he was fine with what happened in the la series.

You're having real issues with this Luongo thing eh? I see the compliments...i'm just not feeling them. ;)

YouCantYandleThis*

I think alot of the controversy within the fanbase has to do with the fact that a majority of them get their information from the newspapers and twitter accounts from local journalists, who's sole purpose seems to be to cause controversy in this marketplace, no matter the subject.

I was listening to the radio today, and this guy (no idea who) is talking about the 'controversy' and he says (and this is paraphrased), "Even if there is no controversy in the dressing room through all this, for half an hour a day, we the media members are going to bring it into the dressing room."

There is just something inherently wrong with that line of thinking. As the media network of a city, shouldn’t your job first and foremost be to support that team? Shouldn’t the efforts of your resources be put to discussing real team issues and problems, rather than essentially creating turmoil between fans in the city over issues that often doesn’t even exist?

Maybe I'm just naive. Or maybe the world really is that screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad