Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - BACK ON TRACK - BRUINS 4 Detroit 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Im not going to go back and delete a lot of crap here. I dont have the time.

BUT…..

I will leave you all with what YOU agreed to in order to be a member here:

“It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.”

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
The penalty shot kind of saved us. They were on their heels at that point and Detroit had all the energy and momentum at 2-1 but then 3-1 and they kind of lost their mojo. These low scoring affairs are hard to maintain. This one went our way.

Excellent game from McAvoy. Probably his best of the year.

I'm tired of saying Poitras should stay. This is obvious.

and JVR continues to surprise me.
I like watching JVR. He has no legs or wind but he has good hands and hockey sense. He looks gassed a lot of the time but if he can get his stick on the puck he usually makes an intelligent play .

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
His view seems to be the wings out played them? I missed the game

Also very surprised posters going after each other on what appears to have been a great game.

His claim was he thought his team play 5\5 was a bit better than Boston's but they lost
the ST battle. It was 2-1 with about 9 minutes left when Kostin hit the post and Boston
was on its heels like they were against Anaheim.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Anyone find it odd we just keep winning no matter what lol

The start of the Florida series without the top 2C sort of showed what the guys could in theory do, and that was with hurt goalies. I think the philosophy of building from the backend out is a fairly reasonable one. We know the coach is good (maybe not yet great, but good). The leadership group was formed under Bergy. The culture is right.

Really it was always about the C's (which we all know obviously). If Poitras is giving you say 80% of what Krejci could, then the backfill is Bergy. And yeah, that's showing up. It's showing up in our F0% which is bottom 1/3 of the league. It's showing up in GF and PP% (17% eww). I think that 17% PP is going to be where we lag behind the good teams in close games. Most of the best PP's in the league are in the east. Scary. The #1 PK is huge.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The start of the Florida series without the top 2C sort of showed what the guys could in theory do, and that was with hurt goalies. I think the philosophy of building from the backend out is a fairly reasonable one. We know the coach is good (maybe not yet great, but good). The leadership group was formed under Bergy. The culture is right.

Really it was always about the C's (which we all know obviously). If Poitras is giving you say 80% of what Krejci could, then the backfill is Bergy. And yeah, that's showing up. It's showing up in our F0% which is bottom 1/3 of the league. It's showing up in GF and PP% (17% eww). I think that 17% PP is going to be where we lag behind the good teams in close games. Most of the best PP's in the league are in the east. Scary. The #1 PK is huge.

Bergeron's absence alone is going to be the Achilles Heel of the team against the Carolina's, New Jerseys and Toronto's of the East. If #74 doesn't play to his strengths
offensively (25-30 goals) they are going to hit skids 3-4 times this year (3 straight losses type) and more than likely a 4-5 in one of those 3-4.

Maybe Sweeney fleeces Calgary and gets a trade for Lindholm mid season but that
probably involves #74.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Anaheim isn't going to be a bottom feeder this year, not a PO team but significantly improved.

Possibly, but in general you know what I mean. I think we all were talking before the season how the Bruins schedule to start was easy. By no means did I expect 7-0-1, but when I first looked at it, it was kind of a situation like if they could beat the LA kings in the middle of the road trip, then they could come out of it looking very good to start the year.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I want a poitras jersey, except in last years alternate whites. Anyone know if this is possible?

(I know a post game thread is the wrong thread for this, but idk what the right thread would be and other people are talking about jerseys)

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I want a poitras jersey, except in last years alternate whites. Anyone know if this is possible?

(I know a post game thread is the wrong thread for this, but idk what the right thread would be and other people are talking about jerseys)

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Last year was the ultimate banana in the tailpipe, so I think that’s preventing me from getting overly excited or emotionally invested in this club.

Having said that, getting points is better than not getting points as it increases the chances that we see meaningful hockey in the Spring.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Grz has strung together several very good games after a so-so start.
He’s playing well , I can’t recall if he always hesitated before moving the puck but I’ve noticed him not moving it quickly enough ( in my opinion) at times this year . He’s kind of like Marchand , a little too in love with his own skating ability.

High praise for Poitras

I thought yesterday was one of his better games until the 3rd period where the whole team kind of imploded until the Pasta penalty shot goal . He was a real hound on the puck and was carrying the puck a lot . The plays he was attempting to make didn’t work out but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad