Cambridge, MA
Overall we can't really complain but we will because this is HF Bruins

1698560708221.png

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Damn youve had some serious reading comprehension problems the last couple posts. You need to go back and read what I said again.
Again. You are using what Sean Avery said as a rumor not fact on a podcast to perpetuate a rumor that Jake was late to the meeting because he was drunk. Sean Avery is the source you're using. If this was true which I'm willing to bet it's not, the Boston media would be all over it. That guy is an absolute garbage person with his own issues. I get it. Everyone gets it. Jake has to play better. But he hasn't been trash. He'll get it going. I'm not worried about it.

You said and I quote "But I hope it’s because he was out for a night on the town and hungover. Otherwise I guess those videos of his teammates basically calling him a lazy slob are true."

None of the team called him a lazy slob. They just said he can't pack. Can't find anything and is disorganized. They all had a laugh. You're being disingenuous. You think that is why he was late to a meeting? You "hope" he was out on the town? You perpetuated a rumor from ONE podcast. Wasn't fair to the player to even perpetuate that.

Lest we forget Pastas freak incident in 2019.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Lots of good points in that game, PK was excellent and the PP was better. When I watch Pasta on that banked shot, it looked like he was calculating the angle pretty carefully! I love Pasta, such a talent and truly humble.

Detroit's PP may be "lethal" but our PK is amazing. I looked at the teams the Wings have played so far this season and most are teams lower in the league, so maybe playing a really good team put things in perspective for them. Three losses in a row for them now, they wanted the game last night pretty badly. A four point game within the division and the Bruins played like it mattered. Good job Bruins!

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Again. You are using what Sean Avery said as a rumor not fact on a podcast to perpetuate a rumor that Jake was late to the meeting because he was drunk. Sean Avery is the source you're using. If this was true which I'm willing to bet it's not, the Boston media would be all over it. That guy is an absolute garbage person with his own issues. I get it. Everyone gets it. Jake has to play better. But he hasn't been trash. He'll get it going. I'm not worried about it.

You said and I quote "But I hope it’s because he was out for a night on the town and hungover. Otherwise I guess those videos of his teammates basically calling him a lazy slob are true."

None of the team called him a lazy slob. They just said he can't pack. Can't find anything and is disorganized. They all had a laugh. You're being disingenuous. You think that is why he was late to a meeting? You "hope" he was out on the town? You perpetuated a rumor from ONE podcast. Wasn't fair to the player to even perpetuate that.

Lest we forget Pastas freak incident in 2019.
Lol now deflect to Pasta. You will defend Jake no matter what he does. He has not been good. He is either going to get benched or traded soon if he doesn’t get his act together. He is in a contract year. So what he do? Misses a team meeting. On the road. Almost impossible to do He has been in the league for what 7 years now? I think its in his best interest to get traded. He already got one coach fired. He wont get a second fired.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Lol now deflect to Pasta. You will defend Jake no matter what he does. He has not been good. He is either going to get benched or traded soon if he doesn’t get his act together. He is in a contract year. So what he do? Misses a team meeting. On the road. Almost impossible to do He has been in the league for what 7 years now? I think its in his best interest to get traded. He already got one coach fired. He wont get a second fired.

I'm a fan of Jake, the Bruins need his speed and scoring ability. Right now he is not at his best, it's a big adjustment no longer playing with Bergeron as his center, but he will figure it out, it's a long season full of ups and downs.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Jake hasn't looked great but the positive is when he wakes up it will be either a huge bonus or at the right point in time.
I am not saying Jake has been great , but I think his defensive game for the most part has been very good. He is not on the first power play this year. He is not on a line with the same talent as he had last year either both are going to effect his production until he fully adjusts . Up until this year he was not expected to carry a line but play a strong support role. This year he needs to play a bigger role for the Bruins simply because the forward talent is not the same as in the past.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I remember Pastrnak receiving flak for lolly gagging a shootout attempt in the preseason. But his two penalty shot goals demonstrate why you never tip your hand in a meaningless game. Tonight's was a beauty even if he has to send a royalty check to Evgeny Kuznetsov.

And speaking of not tipping his hand, there's no way his Minnesota Fats-inspired bank shot ENG was an accident. He practiced that! ;)
The bank shot hit dead center of the net. I agree he had to have practiced that shot, even if just goofing around on the ice.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That 3rd period was not good. 25% CF, shot count 5 to 9 against, high danger chances 0 to 4. You knew the Red Wings were going to make a push, and the Bruins had earned themselves a cushion on the scoreboard, but it was touch and go there for a bit. Thankfully Pasta made the most of his opportunity against the flow, and the Bs rallied late to put the game away, although some of those zone clearing attempts still weren't great. On defense Shattenkirk and Forbort in particular had a rough time of it, but at least they didn't concede.

Really though this was mostly a positive performance. Monty mostly matched top line against top line and kept Poitras away from Larkin and co., while Coyle as usual got a lot of defensive zone starts, especially against Detroit's 2nd line. So the Poitras line got the nominal mismatch against the Red Wings' bottom 6, plus a majority of O zone faceoffs, but unfortunately couldn't take advantage of either. In general though the Bruins were able to dictate play through a lot of the first two periods, and should probably have got reward for effort in a very strong 2nd 20. That inability to cash in, especially 5v5, remains a bugbear, but overall things continue to trend in the right direction.

And the goalie tandem, what a luxury it is. Can't be overstated how valuable they've been.

mxcrossb

Mar 29, 2023
Osaka
Ugh, NHL TV has no full replay of this game, so all I got to watch was the highlights. But at least we had some beautiful highlight goals! We get Detroit again soon so I’d like to see in detail how we’re handling them. This team is an absolute 3-1 machine, after that it’s all about the final few minutes. Florida really broke our defense last year though (not just in the playoffs), so this next game is going to be very interesting.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I missed this one, but watching the highlights it looks like the Bruins controlled most of the play, which is a great sign. Swayman looks very good.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The penalty shot kind of saved us. They were on their heels at that point and Detroit had all the energy and momentum at 2-1 but then 3-1 and they kind of lost their mojo. These low scoring affairs are hard to maintain. This one went our way.

Excellent game from McAvoy. Probably his best of the year.

I'm tired of saying Poitras should stay. This is obvious.

and JVR continues to surprise me.

Can't agree with this.

Kind of a Paul Coffey type game. Up ice a lot, did lead to a very big goal. But Swayman saved his bacon a couple times before that.

• Wow
Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
The penalty shot kind of saved us. They were on their heels at that point and Detroit had all the energy and momentum at 2-1 but then 3-1 and they kind of lost their mojo. These low scoring affairs are hard to maintain. This one went our way.

Excellent game from McAvoy. Probably his best of the year.

I'm tired of saying Poitras should stay. This is obvious.

and JVR continues to surprise me.
This is how Bruins will compete.Great goaltending and really solid mobile D.The Bruins get 3 goals every night it seems.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Can't agree with this.

Kind of a Paul Coffey type game. Up ice a lot, did lead to a very big goal. But Swayman saved his bacon a couple times before that.
Great goaltending covers up a lot of foe paws.

This is exactly the way we can expect the Bruins to play this season.

Quality Goaltending
Quality Defense (mostly)
Opportunistic Goal scoring.
Gotta keep scoring those greasy goals with all of our plumbers.

1698583873318.png

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Good to the point interviewer.

Can't agree with this.

I’m sure he is being encouraged to take risks with the lack of scoring oomph up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad