GDT: Game #8 - 10.25.14 - at New York - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Dr GLU

Mar 1, 2002
Northern Hemisphere
I personally think Hemsky could be moved to the top line in place of Spezza and they wouldn't miss much of a beat. Hemsky is a quality passer with great vision and would be able to setup Seguin and Benn plenty as Spezza has.

It might even improve since Seguin would be in the center of the ice rather than on the wing.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
I personally think Hemsky could be moved to the top line in place of Spezza and they wouldn't miss much of a beat. Hemsky is a quality passer with great vision and would be able to setup Seguin and Benn plenty as Spezza has.

Spezza will be able to be more productive on a second line with lesser players than Hemsky is able to. They can still keep Spezza on the first PP line. I'd like to see this now, even before Nichushkin is back. Nichushkin with Spezza when he's back.

That should also get Hemsky's offense going.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
It might even improve since Seguin would be in the center of the ice rather than on the wing.

Seguin has been producing just fine on the wing. Whenever you put that much talent and hockey IQ together you will see guys produce regardless of position. The real issue is maximizing the talent we have on the roster. That means getting Nichushkin healthy, Hemsky up to speed, and Spezza and Seguin back to centering our top two lines. As long as they keep that trio together on the PP things should be fine. We just can't load up the top line, as good as it may be, all season long. Seguin isn't hurting playing the wing though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad